The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-tt

Mistermann

I have been running my N/A -TT 5 Speed manual at BPU for almost a year now and its been magnificent - quick take off, excelleration is very very fast and no g/box issues to date :)

but alas its in the garage at the mo cos some cnut reversed into me :rolleyes:

I found my last car, which was n/a-tt with a 5 speed was very fun to drive. Gearbox felt more slick and car felt nippier than my current 6spd TT (yet to be bpu though.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top speed should be the same looking at the specs dude 5th and 6th are virtually the same V160-W58 and its lower numerically than a V161!!!!

http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/pages/specifications/JZA80/jza80.htm

ive had a few na-tts they top out at around 150 ish (W58) thats the only time you really miss the 6th otherwise no negatives about having a 5-speed, however im yet to test the top end on a W154.

Edited by supracars (see edit history)

ive had a few na-tts they top out at around 150 ish (W58) thats the only time you really miss the 6th otherwise no negatives about having a 5-speed, however im yet to test the top end on a W154.

The only reason the top speed is down is because they have a different ratio in the diff to a 6spd, by changing to a 6spd diff the top speed would be roughly the same.

For Example my top speeds in the gears will be 3rd 137mph and 4th 176, these would change vastly with smaller tyres and even a J spec diff.

Edited by dude (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 6-speed, that said Ive never driven a 5-speed. There seems to be a bit of a consensus that they dont last that long if you go NA-TT, but it looks like many do. As Keron said, probably depends on the condition of the 'box in the first place.

No-one fancying a nice 6-speed NA to convert? ;)

• 4 weeks later...