The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Personal car build up w/ Inline 6 performance

mhooper2

Taken from a post I made in the past:

Things people dont tell you when you are building a Supra:

ust some little fun shit Ive noticed during my build. Figured it could be added too. No real purpose.

* How much all the little shit cost. Nuts, bolts, hoses etc

* The amount of money you REALLY spend

* The 8 hours of parts washing to realize your only half way done.

* How much of a pain in the ass it is to get the bitch bolt off

* How much money you donate to shipping parts overnight to realize you need more

* Thinking you have everything planned out to realize you have only begun

* Changing your mind on parts cost a fortune and selling your other shit sucks

* Putting fittings on braided line is a royal pain in the ass

* Nothing ever goes as planned and everything takes at least double the time anticipated.

* How many cuss words you can create in your mind while doing all the above

* Satisfaction when you see what you have done for the day...Priceless

* Check all orders before you place them as you will need more stuff trust me

*Pay overnight shipping on something to realize it just sits on a shelf for a month and looks shiny

* Ken- Do not pull your motor out unless you have too otherwise you will be spending large amounts on money on stuff you didnt intend to do

Expect to spend around $100 in new bolts and nuts that you already had.

At LEAST $100 in gas running to discount/advanced auto.

A good oven to cook parts that dont fit properly =)

You need cheap stuff you dont care about lying around so when you need to break something it is easily accesseble.

Plan to buy tools- No matter how many you have you need just 1 (lol) more.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to report. Ordered some brand new inner tie rods, megan racing adjustable tie rod ends, and megan racing adjustable rear toe control arms. I already have the megan racing coilover and the megan racing rear traction rods installed.

I forgot to leave clearance for the front stabilizer bar so I have to fabricate something to put in its place. Maybe strengthen it up a bit. making some lower and upper control arms out of chromoly.

Thinking of what else I can throw in the CNC machine or make out of chromoly to upgrade anything available.

Thoughts? What parts would you like to see CNCed or made out of chromoly? Looks and performance wise?

Great thread, really enjoyed looking through the pictures.

The black engine bay looks good, what colour are you going to do the car (or is it remaining white).

Awesome workshop too, what I would give for one of those.

The whole car is going black to match the engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt like the rubber hose going all the way to the tranny cooler so I changed it up a bit. Re- reouted a few small things and am going to install so new Sway bars and megan suspension items. I am trying to test out the different items and figure out what negatives they have before I build my own from scratch. Well enough talk onto a few pics =)

Going to start cutting off all the old loom and replacing it with a heat resistant loom. Also got something that has never been done on the Supra up my sleeve.

Hint- Its going to bring a whole new level of bling to the engine bay.

I am debating on what to do with the rear area. I am thinking of installing an additional 5 Gallon tank or maybe too one for E-85 and one for C16. And add an additional set of injectors to the intake.

I also have to get a battery back there...so im trying to figure out how i want to tie it all together.