The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wing mirror trouble

supra steveo

how much for that mirror mate ?

so what is the score with these mirrors are they ment to be something that you just dont touch ?

oh yeah and it looks like the bit that comes from the motor to the bottom part of the mirror has smashed so the motor is still working , its probably even turning but cant move the mirror about coz the connection has snapped

EDIT*

does any one have an exploded view of a mirror like out of the part catalogue

and are there any more options for mirrors other than gandor ones coz i am not to fond of them ?

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

fixed and loose part of retracting mirror.

@Kopite

If Steve will be interested in drivers one, I would fetch passenger one as Jola lost passenger one in small brush with some speeding idiot.

Edit: Ah just noticed those are not retracting ones - oh well, need to search further...

Hi mate, just to clarify, mine are retracting ones, just the drivers one didn't work anymore :D The passenger one did if it's retractables you're looking for? Give us a PM if you are

• 7 years later...

Bit of a thread bump guys need your help. Purchased two facelift mirrors and my drivers side one doesn't hold. U can hear it trying to fold bit it's jammed. Mirror still moves though. I have took it apart to see if I can see anything untoward but looks fine. If the motor is fubar is there anyway to fix it?

Usually theres a curved cap that pulls of revealing the cogs and gears, that can let moisture in turning the grease a rust colour and making it jam. You could try to replace the motor, or check the components on the little board. After 8 years of of used my old ones died a year apart. We decided the mirrors was not worth fixing a just purchased new ones from toyota/keron. be expecting to pay around 300 each mirror new.

Usually theres a curved cap that pulls of revealing the cogs and gears, that can let moisture in turning the grease a rust colour and making it jam. You could try to replace the motor, or check the components on the little board. After 8 years of of used my old ones died a year apart. We decided the mirrors was not worth fixing a just purchased new ones from toyota/keron. be expecting to pay around 300 each mirror new.
I'll have a look when am home for that, cheers. Any help is useful