The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A new guy that knows his next cars a supra!

narbar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest quote ive got so far is 1600, this is off gocompare, but if i put my girlfriend on my insurrance is goes down to 1200. I havent tried sky yet but ive heard you get 20% off if your a club member?

Is there any difference in power between the uk models and the imports? or all are the TT's 326 bhp? I tried to check on the forums guide but i cant open the pdf files and everyone seemed to disagree about the import TT BHP on the other forums lmao, thanks Dean

Edited by narbar (see edit history)

Cheapest quote ive got so far is 1600, this is off gocompare, but if i put my girlfriend on my insurrance is goes down to 1200. I havent tried sky yet but ive heard you get 20% off if your a club member?

Is there any difference in power between the uk models and the imports? or all are the TT's 326 bhp? I tried to check on the forums guide but i cant open the pdf files and everyone seemed to disagree about the import TT BHP on the other forums lmao, thanks Dean

J-specs are supposed to have about 280bhp stock as apposed to uk specs which have 326bhp, I think in reality most stock j-specs have a similar power output to the uk spec tt if you listen to people who have their cars rolling roaded the j-spec is usually well over 300bhp, They say that the j-spec power difference is a white lie to keep the Japanese car market happy (something to do with emmisions? i think).

I believe the main difference is that the J-spec has the smaller, faster spooling ceramic turbos and the uk spec have the slightly bigger and more laggy steel turbos which can take a bit more boost (upto 1.4bar) than the jspecs, uk specs have 550 injectors and j-specs have 440?

Different people give different opinions but that is what I have read.

If you can find a uk spec with decent service history and low mileage, which is becoming quite difficult that would be the one to go for in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea I did, didnt have any luck on pistonheads but as soon as I put it on ebay it was soon gone :) I sold my astra for 5100 and brought the supra for 5500. Cant believe the condition of it for a 1993, I guess its true what they say about supra's! Quality :D