The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Owner Looking For A TT 6spd Supra

gurnam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right guys, I've finally managed to sell my 350Z so now have around £9.4k to spend on a TT Manual BPU Supra!

Got the cash on me now so it's just a case of finding the right one so if any of you know anyone selling one with the spec I'm after then please contact me.

Supra I'm after has to have:

mileage under 80k

be a manual

has an FMIC fitted

induction kit & exhaust fitted

both cats removed

some nice wheels fitted

aftermarket bodykit would be nice but not necessary

them x2 black supras we had a both sold out if you can wait ten weeks we can order build you a supra to your requirements

The mileage is important to me as the lower it is the better. Obviously it depends on the oil used & service schedules too. I do like the look & price of the one in the link off here.

I think I've seen a very nice black one on the trader though which is being sold privately & has the import documents along with a very long spec including HKS FMIC, Fully decatted HKS exhaust, 74k, RLTC & LC, Work Eqip Wheels, 1995 registered, uprated fuel pump, nice subtle bodykit, uprated HKS clutch, MBC, UK spec lights & brakes all round & uprated pads. It's running 396bhp with dyno sheet to prove apparently.

Only thing about it is the suspension seems to be standard which I don't know is a good thing or a bad thing as I don't want it to handle & feel like a boat but saying that, I have my own choice of suspension.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200951348524518/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/toyota/model/supra/price-from/8000/radius/200/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/pr23rl?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fpr23rl%2Fradius%2F200%2Fmake%2Ftoyota%2Fmodel%2Fsupra%2Fprice-from%2F8000%2Fquicksearch%2Ftrue%2Fpage%2F1%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&logcode=p

If this gets sold before I buy it, then I'll be considering a silver one with black wheels based in High Wycombe which also has a huge spec with an uprated suspension kit & very low mileage at only 41k.

If not then I'll keep looking.

Jurgen sorry but I doubt you'd be able to find me a Supra that has a spec as high as the black one I've linked to for that kind of money but if it turns out to be a total dog then I'll be contacting you as a last resort as 10 weeks is a very long time to wait.

The mileage is important to me as the lower it is the better. Obviously it depends on the oil used & service schedules too. I do like the look & price of the one in the link off here.

generally speaking the lower the mileage the better and the dealers know this too, which is why its very common to find cars that have been clocked.

Personally I rather get a car that has been serviced regularly and with a history that can be proven.

EDIT - plenty of decent member cars on the forum so you should be able to find what you want.

Whats a liftback btw?

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Jurgen sorry but I doubt you'd be able to find me a Supra that has a spec as high as the black one I've linked to for that kind of money but if it turns out to be a total dog then I'll be contacting you as a last resort as 10 weeks is a very long time to wait.

Just my thoughts Gurnam, With that budget JM would be my first choice, not my last resort. I know ten weeks is quite a while to wait but many people who have been on here years would agree with that and a JM import would be worth the wait. If I was selling a car for 9k in an ad whether online or in the autotrader I would at least make sure it was clean!! The Supe in the ad looked filthy:blink:

Its your cash so its your choice but the people on here only want and give advice so you can get the best Supra for your money. I have not been on here long myself but my port of calls would be 1) Classifieds 2) JM Imports 3) Pistonheads. I bought off the classifieds and pick it up Saturday but I didnt have the budget you do. good luck with the search

Scotty

No worries in that case what I'll do is at least check out the black one & find out as much as I can about it. If I find it has been converted, then I'll prob check as best as I can to see how well the conversion was done & if there are any documents etc otherwise I'll walk away.

Will definitely contact Jurgen after that since he gets so much praise on here. If I get the best Supra my money can possibly buy using JM Imports then so be it. I'll wait the 10 weeks.

Can any of you point out if there are any other obvious differences I can check between the non turbo and turbo models apart from the TRC button?

One will have a set of turbos :innocent: :)

Check the intercooler condtion most of them are in bad condtion, Check that the fins dont fall off when you feel them.

Also check it has LSD.

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

Don't be too concerned about the mileage mate, an abused car with 50k on the clock will not be anywhere near as nice as a well cared for example with 120k on the clock. These cars were designed as motorway GT cruisers, so big mileages are not an issue for the supra. There are members on here with over 200k, and if I remember right, I'm sure I've read that someone has gone over the 300k on the same engine with no mechanical failures whatsoever. Just get the best example you can, from where I'm sitting, Jimbob1's car meets all your criteria, you'll have the solace that the car has been owned by a club member, which is about the best history you can get.

Exactly right Pistonbroke, the folder of reciepts and history I got today after picking up my Supe was excellent, and Mike had owned it for the last 6 years, a member here. Im looking out of my window still drooling :D having a good history and a car thats known to the club goes along way in my opinion

Scotty

I have bought the black supra from trader!

Absolutely loving it. Did the usual checks with chassis/vin number, smoke when on the move & also when starting, body panel alignment, accident repair marks inside boot, mayo on oil cap, oil level, etc.

All checked out fine. The guy seems to know what he's doing with cooling it down properly & wamring it up. Also threw in a Blitz FATT turbo timer in free.

Was up for £8995 but managed to strike a deal with him for £7800 which is cheaper than I'd have got it from anyone else (apart from the silver one from the member on here).

Engine is pretty standard but it does have a fully decatted exhaust system, FCD, MBC, walbro, cold plugs & also an LSD. He had all the documents including the original import sheet along with a dyno sheet from Dastek.

Man these things are very very quick. I'm very impressed indeed! Absolutely loving it so far.