The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Owner Looking For A TT 6spd Supra

gurnam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just another trade term for hatchback or where the rear can be lifted up to access the interior as opposed to a saloon where you only access the boot area, early Corollas and Celicas and some Honda's were termed as such :eyebrows:

has anyone told you that you look so much like james may :D

Sorry for the slang guys. The Supra I've bought is the one from the Autotrader.

Link below:

Toyota Supra

It seems mechanically sound. I forgot to check the IC condition though but managed to check the other things.

Very happy with it especially the power delivery. Although it doesn't feel quite as nimble & maneuverable as my mates Nissan Silvia Spec R but it's amazing on straights.

Edited by gurnam (see edit history)

Sorry for the slang guys. The Supra I've bought is the one from the Autotrader.

Link below:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...easc&logcode=p

It seems mechanically sound. I forgot to check the IC condition though but managed to check the other things.

Very happy with it especially the power delivery. Although it doesn't feel quite as nimble & maneuverable as my mates Nissan Silvia Spec R but it's amazing on straights.

Link is dead

Link is now fixed.

I'm not sure what boost it's running but it felt close to 1 bar on the run. I was too busy watching where I was going lol. Chances are it might already have a 1 bar RR fitted.

So basically what I'll be doing is checking what boost its running properly by getting as mate to observe the gauge & use the MBC to adjust if I feel necessary to 1.2bar.

After that I'll get a HID kit fitted along with an FMIC but also change the air filter element inside the airbox for something more free flowing.

Brake discs & pads will then be uprated as well as a re-bleed of the brake system.

Does anyone know the best place to buy bits from?

Link is now fixed.

I'm not sure what boost it's running but it felt close to 1 bar on the run. I was too busy watching where I was going lol. Chances are it might already have a 1 bar RR fitted.

So basically what I'll be doing is checking what boost its running properly by getting as mate to observe the gauge & use the MBC to adjust if I feel necessary to 1.2bar.

After that I'll get a HID kit fitted along with an FMIC but also change the air filter element inside the airbox for something more free flowing.

Brake discs & pads will then be uprated as well as a re-bleed of the brake system.

Does anyone know the best place to buy bits from?

if it is indeed pushing the said 396bhp then it should be doing 1.2bar and it is fully decatted.

Also, you have the UK uprated brakes already so unless you want some nice bling bling then that brake setup is a good one.

EDIT: As for changing the air filter - I would think twice before doing that and twice more.....search here on the forum for further information as there is some valuable info on this subject....enjoy the car, hope it is sound and has good history.

Edited by imi (see edit history)