The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW UK Spec Brake Kit

THOR Racing

Guest Martin F

It was never a case of who was wrong or who was right Mycroft, it was a case of what is the correct spec. If you think that was the case then i feel sorry for you as you must lead a very insecure, paranoid life.

There is too much BS around when it comes to what is correct and what is myth with tuning high performance cars, and i am a person that enjoys learning about the finer details. Therefore when i have a specification in black and white in front of me from the manufacturer of my car and somebody is trying to tell me that is wrong (with no proof to back up their claims), then i find that very hard to swallow.

I do not think you are stupid, in fact i found your posts on fuelling made excellent, informative reading.

By the way the thread on buying brakes is in the For Sale and wanted forum not this one.  

This copy was setup when somebody diverted it into a technical discussion.

:)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: from Phil Wall on 8:25 pm on Mar. 7, 2002[br]I tried my local Toyota dealer to day re price for UK fronts. All I got  was the  jobs worth stuff about  not supplying parts that were not  meant  for my car.   What  a load  of c....

(Edited by Phil Wall at 8:25 pm on Mar. 7, 2002)

If dealers do give this grief, I am happy for people to use my old chassis number.  Contact me if you want it.

Guest Martin F

Patience is a virtue, but public transport tests that value :)

I do not make up my own specs, i go by the manufacturer specs and guidelines.

In simplistic terms RTFM!

Guest Supragirl
Quote: from Mycroft on 9:05 pm on Mar. 11, 2002[br]

I'm RAPIDLY losing the will to live and sitting here at my desk that bottle of BIG BLUE pills and the 240V supply are all saying to me 'END IT ALL, YOU KNOW IT WILL BE THE BEST THING IN THE LONG RUN', I even wandered into the Kitchen moments ago and I swear the gas oven winked at me, if this goes on much longer heaven knows how i will end this troubled existence.

I really don't want you to feel guilty when I do this, BUT IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

(Edited by Mycroft at 9:07 pm on Mar. 11, 2002)

he :) he:) he :) don't  :) let :) me :) stop :)you :)

(Edited by Supragirl at 9:25 pm on Mar. 11, 2002)

Guest Martin F
Quote: from Mycroft on 9:05 pm on Mar. 11, 2002[br]Ever seen the Film 'Groundhog Day' I haven't but I am definately beginning to think I'm part of the cast!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When fitting new ones the lower 0.05mm figure is the pertinent one and the one I quoted previously when discussing fitting new, the higher number is for when the unit is being tested in-situ during a service check it is an 'old' unit in an existing application.

The Service Manual is the BIBLE for fitting all the bits together, the Service GUIDE is for Service Managers only and is a very little known piece of kit, it tells you what the Garage can 'get away with' it states catagorically that he (the Service Manager) must check the new brakes are BELOW the 0.05mm figure personally it is NOT to be left to a quaintly named 'Junior'

For clarity;

New brakes 0.05mm

Existing brakes OK limit 0.08mm

Existing brakes  (gotta go) 0.15mm

I'm RAPIDLY losing the will to live and sitting here at my desk that bottle of BIG BLUE pills and the 240V supply are all saying to me 'END IT ALL, YOU KNOW IT WILL BE THE BEST THING IN THE LONG RUN', I even wandered into the Kitchen moments ago and I swear the gas oven winked at me, if this goes on much longer heaven knows how i will end this troubled existence.

I really don't want you to feel guilty when I do this, BUT IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

(Edited by Mycroft at 9:07 pm on Mar. 11, 2002)

Twat!

Guest Martin F
Quote: from Mycroft on 12:47 pm on Mar. 12, 2002[br]MartinF

That is not really any help, as I don't think supragirl has posted a value!

So please (again) what is the run-out your WSM states?

Man that is so funny.

Does anybody have any glasses they can lend this guy as he obviously has trouble reading anybody elses posts ?

Guest Supragirl
Quote: from Martin F on 12:52 pm on Mar. 12, 2002[br]
Quote: from Mycroft on 12:47 pm on Mar. 12, 2002[br]MartinF

That is not really any help, as I don't think supragirl has posted a value!

So please (again) what is the run-out your WSM states?

Man that is so funny.

Does anybody have any glasses they can lend this guy as he obviously has trouble reading anybody elses posts ?

I have some   http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/glasez.gif

Guest Supragirl
Quote: from Bradb on 12:56 pm on Mar. 12, 2002[br]Can we all raise our 'glasses' please for Mr Mycroft

Cheers,

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif

Cheers