The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Started to wrap the dash panels

Guest blueangel

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work done perfectly round the ignition switch which let the other guy down. Get a hobbyist application in quick sure it will get approval from all.

Guest blueangel

Ok well i think ive put in an application to be a hobbiest lol and also have some heat resistant glue on the way so hopefully all will be good, not sure on price yet so when or if i get the ok ill open a thread see what ppl think would be fair.

ric

i bet it aint just the looks. i bet it feels nice too. Just ordered some wrap as it will be cheaper than buying new panels. I just have to fill some unwanted holes first :)

How fiddly is it to do round the climate control sensor gap?

• 2 months later...

My mate Dan came up tonight with his WRX and we went for a bit of a drive me in the Supe and he was in the Scoob. It was only when we parked up to get some fuel he said, "hey Rob come and check out my centre console":d He had put some carbon style vinyl wrap on his centre console and centre console box.

The stuff he used was 3M di-noc carbon vinyl wrap. This is self adhesive so no need for any kind of glue. The process he used over a couple of nights to achieve this great look is as follows.

1. Disassemble dash parts to be wrapped.

2. Clean down dash parts with halfords paint clean wipes to remove any debris/greasy marks

3. Molded it around the dash/centre console parts.

4. 3M di-noc becomes very pliable/strecthy with heat to mold around edges and contours in the dash. (use hairdryer for heat)

5. Trimmed excess with precision scalple

Here are a couple of pics of his finished result (going to do the Supra dash soon) Blueangel I know has already done this but I think he used different vinyl with contact glue

Centre console box

Youtube vid showing how workable this gets when warm even when screwed into a ball

ys_hDHsqtWI

3M di-noc on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320471727749

Scotty

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...