The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Booked in to Wheels in Motion today

mwilkinson

Race cars have been using it for a long time, something to do with the dry air in nitrogen not being effected by heat and changing the pressure as much i think.

It was my understanding that nitrogen suffers less from temp changes, prevents internal degredation of the tyre, rim and valve. It apparently is also better at maintaining a constant pressure which improves fuel economy.

There's loads of stuff on the net.

That is for sure, but why bother to look when I can just ask the question here?! ;)

Question - it's all very well spending $$$ getting wheels aligned, but as soon as you hit a pothole the whole thing goes pop... and you're back to square one... right?

Suspension geometry won't change unless something much more serious has happened - bent suspension arm, buckled wheel, broken track rod, etc...

Question - it's all very well spending $$$ getting wheels aligned, but as soon as you hit a pothole the whole thing goes pop... and you're back to square one... right?

Suspension geometry won't change unless something much more serious has happened - bent suspension arm, buckled wheel, broken track rod, etc...

But is it worth doing if you move up from 18" to 19" wheels?

It's totally worth doing if you change anything significant on the suspension, wheels, etc, as resetting everything really does make a difference.

I think they also offer a 'retune' service within the first 6 months too for a lower cost, but I can't quite remember what that involves!