The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a supra

Guest stoneyboy

I understand. I dont think you'll find a low mile UK 6 that isnt an insurance write off for under 10k. You'll find older autos easy enough... and there are plenty of JDM models to consider which arnt bad at all... apart from insurance, which again can be hit and miss depending on who you go with.

Well why do people keep pretending its not!? I cant understand this. We're not just talking about gadets etc. Overall engine components and equipment leves are higher or as high as the better JDM models, and ALL come as standard on UK models. Whether you care whether you have this or that is not the issue.

Sorry, that was more aimed at the other on here as that was about to turn into a Jap v UK argument!! Honestly, don't worry about it being a UK/JAP car based on performance theres really nothing in it.

I can use quotes too :D

I know there different spec wise as do many others.......but hey who cares I own a supra whether it be J-spec or UK I own a Supra...... yeah the UK spec may be better but the J-spec is still good and to be honest the performance and tech spec difference is so small I really dont worry about it :)

like I said at the end of the day we are all supra owners

Agreed, but no one is slagging off the JDM models. Its just saying the UK is the same as a JDM just isnt the case. Like I've said before on countless occasions I nearly ended up with a JDM model. I wouldnt have minded one bit. It was insurance and the fact that I found the exact car that I wanted why I ended up with the UK model.

3. Im up in aberdeen. Anyone know of good tuner/ mechanic who can work on these cars locally or in scotland ??

Marc at The Garage in Wishaw is supposed to be one of the best in Scotland.

I take my car there, but its a bit far from Aberdeen...