The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever been embarrased of your Supe?

Jake

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had this except when I drove to Chris Wilsons in my new supra but with a 1cm wide 1.5ft long key mark down the bonnet after it got keyed the night before. People were driving by on the motorway and staring just at that - it hurt bad. :(

Otherwise all good looks. I parked up in the pub carpark for the first time and within 2 mins a yank came past and went ' Holy sh*t man, that's some nice wheels dude.....whoooaaaa' as he walked off. I was like 'yeah cheers pal, just got it'. Felt great!

Yeah

The day after I picked her up or, when I have meet more members.

I knew when I got her she was a bit messy, but she is slowing getting better, funds allowing. Actually I have had a far bit of help from Gzerjon and Sub-Culture who will hopefully be doing a bit more work on the car for me later on this month.

So all-in-all my smile keeps getting bigger!

well this wasn't really the cars fault, but i still felt stupid!

parked in a kwicksave car park to use their cash machine. got out the car, went to the machine got my money and when i turned round to walk back to the car noticed a group of lasses 17-18 yrs old (my age group for anyone who thinks im a perv lol) starring at it. So being Mr.smooth bleeped the alarm so they woud notice me, they all looked up and my stupid legs decided to trip up over themselves and sent me hurtling to the floor... i wanted to die right there on the spot lol... i made a very fast exit :hide:

I tool the Supe to an evening wedding reception once. When we got there I said hello to the folks and went to the bar to get a drink. When I got back my mother in law had taken a bunch of people I didn't know out to the car park to see my 'lovely car'. It was very embarassing because I could see all these posh new Merc/Beemer owners all thinking "big deal, it's a 12 year old Toyota" but my mother in law was going on about it being a James Bond car.

She's embarrased me like this a few times. I've poliely asked her not to do it but she just thinks I'm being modest.

Anyone else have this problem?

(Todd's post about being harrased in his Supe at Oban prompted me to post this.)

Supras are great looking cars,I'd sooner look at one than a Merc or Bmw anyday.And besides,your mother in law thinks your James Bond-You've actually got a good mother in law!!!!!:search: :D

parked in a kwicksave car park to use their cash machine. got out the car, went to the machine got my money and when i turned round to walk back to the car noticed a group of lasses 17-18 yrs old (my age group for anyone who thinks im a perv lol) starring at it. So being Mr.smooth bleeped the alarm so they woud notice me, they all looked up and my stupid legs decided to trip up over themselves and sent me hurtling to the floor... i wanted to die right there on the spot lol... i made a very fast exit :hide:

:D

:rlol: :rlol:

Ohh a thread i can totally relate too....

Everywhere i go i get stares...

Sat at traffic lights i can feel their eyes peering over...

Today going coming towards a bus stop, the kid whacked out a disposal camera to take a pic as i drove by...

Queuing in petrol station everyone stares...

I love the car but i really do hate the staring in traffic

I can no longer pick my nose whilst driving :(

totally get that everywhere i go and it can get embarassing sometimes.

other moments include, when i drove past a parked up lambo gallardo the other day. i felt like a boy ricer in a nova as the owner looked over my ride :sly:

theres a guy in an rx8 on our street and when ever iam pulling out the garage hes there at the window or at the door shaking his head.. never asked him what hes doing !!!!!

the guy is big and iam a wee man:( :( so havent rocked the boat..

if i ever see him on a empty road his ass will be mine

hes shakin his head cause hes just paid £20k+ for a piece of crap when he could have got a bitchin supe for that

I get embarassed by the general condition of my supra, people's first reaction is "wow you've bought a supra!" then they go in for a closer look and point out every little dink and scratch and bit of faded paint and kerb mark on the wheels and crack on a sideskirt and manky headlights etc. etc. etc. :(

It'll all be sorted in the end though, bit by bit, and hopefully one day i'll be proud to let people get up close to the car to point out the fantastic paint and perfect wheels and crystal clear headlights etc. etc. etc. :)

One day. ;)

coming back from bristol on the m-way just cruising at 80 leps coming up to o/take a fiesta i see the bloke look in his mirror and two young lads in the back turn round they get there phones out to take a piccy so i oblige by staying level while the piccys are taken pissed off the bloke in the audi behind but got the thumbs up from the lads . love the attention. :D

I get embarrassed if there is something wrong with it. Even if its only minor or something only I would know about.

For example, I pulled of the bling gold toyota badge off the back and then realised I didn't have any trim tape left to stick on the new one. Driving around with what looks like half a sticker on the back took the edge off. In my mind I thought people would look and then as I drove past (in london so slow in traffic) they would see the badge and think 'that bit doesn't look good'.

I am a pedantic fool I know.

Coming home from Le Mans in 2005. IanC, Digsy and Alex were all there too.

At Rouen, for reasons I won't go into (shut it Ian!) I incurred....shall we just say deflation of a rear tyre.(cough)

Of course, the beige space saver then went on. From then on, I was limited to about 50mph. And we remained in convoy - 4 Supes trundling along at that speed. We even got overtaken by a low-loader carrying a combine harvester, so now I get the pi$$ ripped about getting passed by a combine!

Oh, and a recovery wagon carrying a Caterham passed us too - much to the amusement of the owner who waved and laughed at the group of 4 Supras crawling along the autoroute. Took a while, but I made it nearly 300 miles to home on the spacesaver.

i went down to a wedding in wales on sunday, yeah sunday of all days, anyway parked up in the carpark and the wedding photographer ask if he could take some photo,s of my supe, i say no problems no joking he got the bridesmaids and took about 10 pics:D

Hell no had a great one tonight. Went bowling with my work mates and was heading down the motorway when a kev'd up 106 comes screaming up behind me (you know the sort guy slouched right back hand on top of the wheel thinking hes the dogs bollox). Anyway I pull over as I had to take a left turn at the roundabout that we were coming upto and his girl (who want bad) had her head practicly out of the car giving the supra a good looking over so blew her a kiss and gunned it. Bet the guy was well pissed off,

I get embarassed by the general condition of my supra, people's first reaction is "wow you've bought a supra!" then they go in for a closer look and point out every little dink and scratch and bit of faded paint and kerb mark on the wheels and crack on a sideskirt and manky headlights etc. etc. etc. :(

It'll all be sorted in the end though, bit by bit, and hopefully one day i'll be proud to let people get up close to the car to point out the fantastic paint and perfect wheels and crystal clear headlights etc. etc. etc. :)

One day. ;)

I have to agree!

Only time I've ever been embaressed was the first day I brought mine. The guy I brought it from had put no petrol in it, so the warning light was on. Pulled up to the petrol station and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get the petrol latch open. Ended up phoning the bloke and asking him.

I just knew everyone in the petrol station was watching me that day...

Other than that I love the attention it gets.