The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo selection for my project car

hodge

Of course they will. Ill be using a 6 speed with an apropriate clutch and apart from 264 cams im leaving the engine alone. Ive got the same take on this a jamie really. Built engines are unreliable and seeing you can get a brand new short block from Mr.T for around 1700 quid, if it blows Ill call the A team and buy a new 1. It will be much cheaper in the long run.

this is something i have noticed too, never imported a single turbo supra with a built engine and many are still going strong..

and i have read of plenty of built ones going kapuut

I think when i get to the engine stage of my car (after fixing all the knackered bits like suspension, heaters and window motor) i've found the guys to talk to about Turbos. I'd only be wanting a small one to fit under the stock hood that'll give a little more performance without the need to make massive upgrades to anything else (oh and cheap to as i'm on a tight budget for this car)

Peter

I think when i get to the engine stage of my car (after fixing all the knackered bits like suspension, heaters and window motor) i've found the guys to talk to about Turbos. I'd only be wanting a small one to fit under the stock hood that'll give a little more performance without the need to make massive upgrades to anything else (oh and cheap to as i'm on a tight budget for this car)

What sort of budget? I wouldn't recommend doing any single conversion on the cheap, it just isn't worth it IMO. Either stick with the stock turbos or be prepared to spend many £K's doing a proper single conversion with ALL the essential supporting mods.

Have you considered the T51R? For show purposes I cant imagine many turbos will have the 'wow' factor, especially if they hear it spooling.

Or the even bigger HKS T62R BB.

Has anyone tried one of these on a Supra yet?

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/L_3626.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3516/t62r.png

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

if you can ignore the noise of my clutch and the sound of the spring clanking and 4 inch exhaust , have a blast out in mine. I think you will be suprised on how it drives.

ill drop you a p.m and sort out a day next week when your free for me to call up Michel. Thanks I really appreciate it.

Gt4094R is one to consider.

Spools fast, makes good power (600bhp+) and is supplied from a Uk dealer.

I would try to use Uk suppliers like AET as seen alot of problems with supply demands across the coast now.

Did you get my email Ryan.