The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cost of na- to- tt

Dave

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread but did you get my PM Jezz?

The PM was in relation to the thread title so not really going off topic;)

Yes mate. The one we have in stock is provisionally sold, but i've got another conversion due in Monday. I'll give it the once over when i'm in next Tuesday and get back to you.

Any particular reason why you're so 'Anti' Silverstone garage at the moment?

Anti-QSD, god no! Not sure why you would think that at all mate! I completely forgot, had a lot else on my mind this last week so not been much use on the forum...

Oh and for the record, QSD are a great source for the conversion too :thumbs: They have a lot of happy customers.

Anti-QSD, god no! Not sure why you would think that at all mate! I completely forgot, had a lot else on my mind this last week so not been much use on the forum...

No worries dude. Just wasnt sure if something had gone on while I wasnt there and i'd not heard about it. ;)

Is that the going rate now? Means I'm much closer than I thought! :D

Might go single instead! :sly:

Might be able to do you a good deal on a NA to 6spd single conversion as my single will be for sale soon:eyebrows:

We even give you a loan car while we do yours

What would AFR / Dude charge for an NA Auto to 6 speed single all done then, ready to go

I guess you are talking second hand single kit

Cant see it coming in with labour any less done right

I can work it out if you want dude, what value are we putting on the NA to see if it is viable, the car used as an example is £13995 I believe, my single kit is 2nd hand but under a 1000 miles on the manifold and turbo (BL/Precision)

what ecu? what INJ ?

If we are sdaying the NA is worth £3K it can easily be done, come in cheaper and you will know what has been done and how it was done.

Would the customer look for parts himself ie used ecu etc??

I can work it out if you want dude, what value are we putting on the NA to see if it is viable, the car used as an example is £13995 I believe, my single kit is 2nd hand but under a 1000 miles on the manifold and turbo (BL/Precision)

what ecu? what INJ ?

If we are sdaying the NA is worth £3K it can easily be done, come in cheaper and you will know what has been done and how it was done.

Would the customer look for parts himself ie used ecu etc??

No need to work it out for me, I would never do it

Pauls car is £12,995 now with a new single kit

The point I was making really is that for a full and comprehensive NA Auto to Single 6 Speed with good power level (500 ish) then you will spend as much as buying a respected complete single, I am sure AFR would be no cheaper for the same spec

I am sure you could cut corners and get it done cheaper (not suggesting you/AFR would recommend that!!) but then that defeates the object really

With a single and 6spd conversion on the cards I agree 100% here Dean. The cost to convert an NA to a singled 6spd (done right) will be far more than it costs to buy one that is already done to a nice specification.

but why do we modify cars? because we enjoy it, id rather mod it than buy one already done its a sense of acheivment