The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 Red SZ Auto Aerotop

AlexM

I popped over to see Alex and his car today, as much as im not keen on Red the mechanics and how this car drives almost convinced me otherwise.

Lots of paperwork inc original Japanese stuff and all the mot's since it was imported in 2000.

Im still not sure about a red one but Alex gave me the keys for a proper test drive and all i can say is if the car was black or silver or bronze or emerald green he would have £3500 in his pocket and i'd have an na aerotop :)

Possibly one of the best rattle free mkivs around but just needs some tlc regards parts of the paintwork.

Im still undecided as to whether i should just call Alex and buy the damn thing and sod the colour lol as i doubt i'll find a better one mechanically.

I actually think Alex might just keep this car as i think if he likes red then why sell it.

All the best Alex and thanks for your time today including the tea and twix and tour round the lovely place you live :thumbs:

If the colour bugs you Dunk; paint it.

Seriously, you can't beat the few sunny days we get in this country, roof off windows down...... Thomas Magnum all the way.

At times like that you wont give a stuff about the "body wobble corners bad", blah, blah, blah comments.

In the words of Richard Hammond... "I am a driving God!!!"

We had a lovely sunny day to drive it and i did love how it drove, im not fussed about the aertop wobble lol as you buy one knowing that.:cool:

The aerotop wobble was not much worse than the Alpina B3 convertable i used to have and on decent rds you didnt get any wobble.

For cruising around magnum style with the wind blowing through your tosh you couldnt get better for the money :thumbs:

Ive been uming and areing whether to live with red but think a colour change isnt on to be honest, ive got one supra ive pumped lots of cash into so i really dont need another ;):)

Just so you know Alex ive stopped umming and areing and have decided your car isnt for me, thanks for being so hospitable and letting me have a proper drive in your car as that was greatly appreciated.

Ive actually gone back to a Beema convertable which i got through a trade deal this morning and think its a steel for what ive just paid for it, funny as this just came out of the blue literally an hour ago, its also green lol

Again thanks for your time

Dunk

No problem Dunk, you're welcome to pop over for a cup of tea (or coffee if you must) anytime. :)

Cheers Alex, i'll take you up on that and show you the new smoker, should have it tomorrow morning all being well.

Well as long as its as described and not a shed like a lot of trade cars seem to be.

I'll even suffer your tea lol only kidding, ive not had it made in a pot with a t caddy in years :D

All the best mate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.