The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling

supra_si

Yeh i had forgotten about my sig, but ive seen a lush 911 in black that has caught my eye,

think il go wash my supe and fall back in love with it again

What 911? For £9k more than your supra I assume that would make it about £15-17k? A £15-17k 911 would either be a 964 (which is older than your supra) or an early 996 - which might be great, but might have a self destructing engine.

When I see a Porsche or Range Rover driver these days then all I see is a bloke with a shed load of debt.

That's what you assume, not what you see.

Edited by DaveK
Changed value - think I guessed too low for a TT! (see edit history)

seen 2003 911 (944) i think it is for 14k

Yeah, but buy the time you are done selling your @rse to pay for it, the Supra will be worth more :p

I know what you are talking about though, I take notions of wnating a different new(er) ar everyweek. But I know that I'm gonna need to spend stupid money to get anywhere near as good a car, both performance wise and value for money.

seen 2003 911 (944) i think it is for 14k

A 944 is not a 911, and they haven't made 944s for about 20 years.

A 2003 911 would be a 996 model - it can't be anything else if it's a 911. But you cannot buy a 2003 996 for £14k - you can (just) get 1998 (3.4l) 996s for £14k. You might get a cat D 2003 for £14k, but I seriously doubt it.

So I have no idea what you've actually seen - but it's not what you think you've seen.

Edit : £14k might be what you'd pay for a 964 model 911. But that will not be 2003 - it will be 1989-1993 (maybe 1994 if you're lucky).

Edited by DaveK (see edit history)

sorry it was a 997 05 plate not a 944 my bad :-(

Er - a 997 05 plate for £14k?

Not possible. An 05 997 is a £30k car minimum. Any advert you've seen for one at £14k would be a "my agent will pay you more than the value of the car, and then....." type one. Or it will be one that somebody has just driven into a wall.

Thread hijack: how are you getting on with your new 996 Dave?

It's an odd car.

Initially, it was what I expected - very fast, but very controlled and therefore not all that exciting. However, as I'm getting to know it a bit more it is impressing me more as the days go by. Slightly odd as usually I'd expect to think "Wow!" as soon as I picked it up, and then find the excitement wore off.

I'm certainly glad I bought it - I think it's going to be more fun than I expected.

I'm almost 30, generally had Audi, Toyota, Porshce, BMW all my life with an M5, Audi Quattro, 328i, Golf, 996Tand a handfull of Celica's in the past.

Around 25 I thought I should grow up so to speak so bought an almost new M5, great car but shockingly fragile (when driven enthusiastically). Was looking to replace my 328i now with another 2000/2003 BMW M5 or Audi RS6 and in the end I went for the Supra.

Everywhere it goes it gets admiration, I get old people gathering around it (no lie!) stating it looks nice, what is it etc. On the road, I don't feel like a chav, thats a brush the Scooby and Evo lads are tarred with.

Our car park has the usual top spec german cars in yet many people tend to always park wherever the Supra is even thought i park it on its own as far away from the building as possible.

A Supra is a good, high quality, uber reliable performance car that very little can match as an overall package. Regardless of age, IMO the Supra is still a cutting edge piece of kit and is someting that will always be very unique.

thanks for the write up, honest the 997 is on autotrader

I just found it. It's not even a standard 997 - it's a 4S - which means it's worth even more money.

You can very easily check yourself that it's not a genuine sale. Search on autotrader and pistonheads - you won't find another 2005 997C4S within £20k of that one.

It's almost certainly a scam - and if it's not that, it's a misprint in the price.

Believe me - if that's the only thing that's making you consider selling the Supra, forget about it. There is absolutely no way you can buy a 2005 997C4S for £14k.