The mkiv Supra Owners Club

losing interest

dr_jekyll

I get this from time to time to. Nice to know others go through this. I think it's part and parcel of being a petrol head and giving a crap about cars, more than just how they look and if they are fashionable etc...

The thing is I just can't find a car as stunning as the supra. It's beautiful to look at and certainly gets peoples attention. Sure you could get an M3, but it's so common and just looks like every other car. Or maybe a Porsche but wait. No one can tell if you have a boxter or turbo because they all look the same and have not changed since year dot!!

Enjoy owning a true motoring icon. Accept it's old and going to have niggles and rattles.

I owed a 540 and the supe makes more power in EVERY sector of the rev range, and with the weight vs hp it's 1/4 the speed.

a big sofa..

if your supe feels worse than this i pity you fella.

im not saying it was faster than my supe but if i was doing 40 50 in 4th and hit it it was just an instant surge . great power delivery

so if i take this engine 4.4 m62b44 and put it in a striped out 3 series about 1300k witha manual box m3 diff and giv it to rolling, motion to retune it chip it and rev higher , could be somthing of a beast

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

sometimes get sick of mine always seem to want something else for it needs a respray badly but will have to wait got a shiny dash kit to go on but shit scared in case i cock it up loads of rattles but the fun factor makes up for all the little probs

I've had my Supra nearly 3 years now and i have never considered selling her, not once.I probably spend more time with my Supe than i do the missus!!

Having a mechanical background i try to do the work on my car myself as much as possible, when it comes to modifications and small repairs.This way i get to know my car and this keeps me interested :)

after replying to this thread last night i thought i would have a look around to see whats for sale that looks as nice as the supra (not much) however i did come across this s2000 for sale on ph and thought thats nice.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/s23.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/s22.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/s21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...