The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 06/09/2009 Ireland

Kearney

I've emailed the crowd doing the promotions for Japfest. I don't mind if for instance there is 10 cars, we have 6 passes and the other 4 cars costs are split between the 10.

If everyone has to pay and they go back on what they've already said then I won't be there, I know a few feel the same .

You've a very fair point its annoying alright :thumbdown:, They shouldn't of emailed us that first message. The reason I said yeah is because most people didn't have a problem paying if they had to thats all. I'm just going to wait til monday to ring them and sure feck it I'll go to town on them and tell them we won't show our cars if they don't let us in for free :tongue:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show stand

1. Kearney - J spec SZ - confirmed # 1

2. Supramkivcork - J spec SZ

3. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S- uk engine

4. Sullyd- J spec

5. Ian1 -J spec sz

6. nigelboyne - Uk spec TT

7. Rob dublin - J spec TT

8. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed # 2

9. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed # 3

10. Stealth - Soarer 1jz

All that we want is the 6 passes originally promised. I'm almost certain mnc are getting passes for 6 drivers of show cars.

MNC are getting 6 places and are their cars show cars? :blink:

Show stand

2. Supramkivcork - J spec SZ

3. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S- uk engine

4. Sullyd- J spec

5. Ian1 -J spec sz

6. Stealth - Soarer 1jz - Soarer 1jz - confirmed

7. Rob dublin - J spec TT

8. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed # 2

9. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed # 3

It's just the general sites that are getting free driver passes.mnc, dtd etc. I'm out not attending.

They're not giving passes to owners clubs. Disgraceful if you ask me. I wouldnt lay the blame on the promotions crowd it's obviously Mondello doing the bollox with this.

Not a chance am I paying to see my own car on show, haha.

Sullyd also boycotting this because of this stance by Mondello.

Show stand

2. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S- uk engine

3. Ian1 -J spec sz

4. Stealth - Soarer 1jz - Soarer 1jz - confirmed

5. Rob dublin - J spec TT

6. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed # 2

7. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed # 3

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

It's just the general sites that are getting free driver passes.mnc, dtd etc. I'm out not attending.

They're not giving passes to owners clubs. Disgraceful if you ask me. I wouldnt lay the blame on the promotions crowd it's obviously Mondello doing the bollox with this.

Not a chance am I paying to see my own car on show, haha.

Sullyd also boycotting this because of this stance by Mondello.

Show stand

2. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S- uk engine

3. Ian1 -J spec sz

5. Rob dublin - J spec TT

6. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed # 2

7. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed # 3

Was on to sharon and to (I think his name is) Kristian from modified motors yesterday and I drove down to mondello to get the exhibitor passes. Anyway they both said, like you have above, that free passes are only giving to carsite forums and not to owner clubs.

If anyone is going to this just to spectate it'll be 20 euro at the gate and then more for parking. So if you think of it like this, your paying to get in and free vip parking ;) :D

No, but on a serious note, Everyone else has had to pay for the car to be on a showstand if they are in an owners club. We have to aswell. Dealing with mondello directly is the only way to ensure the deal we are getting not off any other third parties.

It's completely up to yourself Mark, if you'se want to pull out over not getting the free passes its up to yourself, But I've put alot of time into trying to make this work, between third parties sending emails telling us we are free in etc and all sorts of shite. Was with Kev-gtr yesterday of SO.com, we're working on this together to have the two site stand side by side. We worked out the numbers between we'll have on the stands. He's 27 cars on his stand and I think I'll be lucky to have 6 on ours Every car is precious to the stand, we don't have 27 like kevs, we've about 6!

Mondello probaly wouldn't care if we didn't go, they'll just find something else to fill up the spaces. But the reason we are doing this is for our club. I'd appreciate it if everyone looked at it like that and not a money making business for mondello.

Anyway, heres the details off SO.com

We've arranged to meet up with the skylines at this location for a convoy to mondello. If its more convient for people to meet us at mondello thats no problem just let me know

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/images/tipsadvice/map_Naas.jpg

Woodies DIY Naas

The Globe Retail Park

Monread Road

Naas

Co.Kildare

Meeting on SUNDAY MORNING 6th September@8AM SHARP!!!

LEAVING AT 08:30AM SHARP, To be in Mondello for 08:50. Paddock access gates will be closing at 09:00AM Sharp, so if everyone can be on time cause we dont want to get locked out lol!

I know you have put effort in Eamo, there's no doubting that. I know what it's like sending countless fruitless e-mails/texts/calls as much as anyone.

I won't be there though and it's no reflection on you at all. It's on the greed of a track that are running a show on their own grounds not rented premises and playing the poor pauper . It's not as if they need to pay rent to host this show. So costs while considerable won't be insurmountable to give owners clubs the same treatment that independent forums get.

Simple as that mate, they supposedly model the show on the UK Japfest, it's as close we'll ever get but still a million miles in terms of standards of quality and quantity of cars/ organisation/trade stands/track itself etc.

The way I look at it is I enjoy the shows normally as I usually have the car in and don't pay for them. Their show is not a show without show cars therefore those on show should be rewarded by a free pass.

Greed is a terrible thing and Mondello should not be biting the hand that feeds them.It's no wonder there's little interest in Irish shows anymore with this type of mentality taking over.

It doesnt cost them to give us the passes as I won't be making the trip anyway so it's not as if there losing out on my 20 euro entrance fee.

Aswell as the rest of the costs petrol/accomodation/food etc costs a fair bit to come up from Cork so I'll be leaving it off this time. I also look as if I was to go this time I'd be being hypocritical of myself as I often say to others don't go if ya don't think the shows are worth the 20 spot.

It's a sad state of affairs mate when more Supras want to go to a meet than Japfest . The main reason for that is lads are sick of being raped by organisers of these shows. I really wish we had the standard of the UK shows as even one of a comparable standard would completely obliterate the rest of them.

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

I know you have put effort in Eamo, there's no doubting that. I know what it's like sending countless fruitless e-mails/texts/calls as much as anyone.

I won't be there though and it's no reflection on you at all. It's on the greed of a track that are running a show on their own grounds not rented premises and playing the poor pauper . It's not as if they need to pay rent to host this show. So costs while considerable won't be insurmountable to give owners clubs the same treatment that independent forums get.

Simple as that mate, they supposedly model the show on the UK Japfest, it's as close we'll ever get but still a million miles in terms of standards of quality and quantity of cars/ organisation/trade stands/track itself etc.

The way I look at it is I enjoy the shows normally as I usually have the car in and don't pay for them. Their show is not a show without show cars therefore those on show should be rewarded by a free pass.

Greed is a terrible thing and Mondello should not be biting the hand that feeds them.It's no wonder there's little interest in Irish shows anymore with this type of mentality taking over.

It doesnt cost them to give us the passes as I won't be making the trip anyway so it's not as if there losing out on my 20 euro entrance fee.

Aswell as the rest of the costs petrol/accomodation/food etc costs a fair bit to come up from Cork so I'll be leaving it off this time. I also look as if I was to go this time I'd be being hypocritical of myself as I often say to others don't go if ya don't think the shows are worth the 20 spot.

It's a sad state of affairs mate when more Supras want to go to a meet than Japfest . The main reason for that is lads are sick of being raped by organisers of these shows. I really wish we had the standard of the UK shows as even one of a comparable standard would completely obliterate the rest of them.

Thats a fair point you have there, if you do have second taughts about going as I said before I only live 25min away so your more than welcome to have the spare room in my house for somewere to stay if you want. Its very true alright, just wanted to try make a good apperance at this show but like you said I can't put a gun to anyones head at this one to do it.

**UPDATED**

Show stand

1. Kearney - J spec SZ - confirmed

2. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S -- ?

3. Ian1 -J spec sz -- ?

5. Rob dublin - J spec TT -- ?

6. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed

7. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed

**UPDATED**

Show stand

1. Kearney - J spec SZ - confirmed

2. Supra Cork J-spec RZ-S -- confirmed

3. Stealth - Soarer 1jz - Soarer 1jz - confirmed

4. Rob dublin - J spec TT -- confirmed

5. Suprandi - Supra TT - confirmed

6. Wolfie - Supra J spec TT - confirmed

in case it hasnt bn said since the show well done kearney on your end of the organisation i had a great time and loved it out on track as well,will be on here more often and get to know more of ya.

I wasnt at all impressed by mondello`s organisation we ended up not been able to get a car across into the paddock because they overbooked as someone already said in this thread its down to greed on their part

in case it hasnt bn said since the show well done kearney on your end of the organisation i had a great time and loved it out on track as well,will be on here more often and get to know more of ya.

I wasnt at all impressed by mondello`s organisation we ended up not been able to get a car across into the paddock because they overbooked as someone already said in this thread its down to greed on their part

Cheers anto :)

Well done Kearney...i think Fergal arrived a bit late and he wasnt allowed but his car on the stand!

Yeah fergals car, I was fuming over it, The shoved us at the back infront of the prodrift cars :taped: