• Pirelli Pzero Nero
    • Yokohama S.Drive
    • Toyo T1-R
    • Goodyear Eagle F1
    • Michelin Pilot Sport
    • Continental Pro Contact
    • Pirelli Pzero Rosso
    • Toyo R888

Depends what you're using on the front IMO.

I'm using Goodyear F1 GSD3 on the front, and R888 on the rear for road use. That works very well.

... I've read this 3 times and still can't believe it.... you use these 2 types of tyres together, at the same time on the road?!?

I take it you haven't tried to stop hard in the wet yet?

... I've read this 3 times and still can't believe it.... you use these 2 types of tyres together, at the same time on the road?!?

I take it you haven't tried to stop hard in the wet yet?

yeh this, thats bad lol, even if both sets are great tyre's you should always have the same make on all 4 rims.

used to use Michelin Pilot Sport and loved them but am now on Falken 452's and don't have a problem with them.

Just a side note: before the Michelins I had Khumo's on the rear and after a spirited drive on the M27 many years ago with a GTR33 they melted and when I stopped due to a total lack of control the tread fell off on one side and just left the sidewall on the rim and the other side was a little soft to say the least. I would never trust these tyres and if you have them fitted would not reccomend that you drive over 160 for an extended period of time.

Edited by kslb (see edit history)

Cheers :)

Ouch £160 a tyre for Toyos T1 R's (17inch 255/40/R)

Try these guys: http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

I couldnt fault there service they came to my house an fitted them there and then! They even rang me to give me a time frame within 2 hours unlike some places where you have to be in from 8-6pm!!

They qoute £124.28 for T1-R's in that size!;)

Could we add Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta to the poll? I think a few members on here have them? I changed my rears last month and went from the Continental's to the Vredestein which I was not too keen on but though why not give them a go! The guy selling them (his my friends friend) recommended them over my Continental's which I thought was odd as the Continental's have quite a good following on these cars and plus they were more expensive!

Since changing them over to Vredestein, I'll be replacing them with the same brand or the T1R's because compared to the Continental's they were much better, handling in the wet is brilliant and dry is excellent as well!