The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1.3 Bar on Sunday

Matt H

I've been in bigger turbo singles yes, and I haven't got on with the lag. I don't know, it does vary from spec to spec, but silly horse power is not useable.

We'll see like you say but i'm pretty confident i'll stick it out. :D

My box is built, similar to a boost logic. I'd never get on with a high stall though. such a different driving experiance. not keen

easiest way to get over lag! ive got the 3800 on my gt4088!

no i havent have a 25 row cooler and a high powered fan

You need to fit a lock up switch trust me, that set up will not even start to cool the trans down with it slipping, which it will on the motorway, your mpg will drasticaly improve with a lock up as well!!!!!

stops the box dropping a gear with slight kick down say for over taking

ive heard loads about this, some have them some dont, they just learn to control it with careful right foot. cant find where to get one from tho?

Agree with dude, you need a lock up switch fitted when running a hi stalled car on Mway journeys. It locks the TC 1:1 with the input shaft on the box rather than allowing it to slip, giving you direct drive and stopping the constant slipping you tend to get which just builds more and more heat... ultimately boiling your trans fluid and cooking the autobox.

We used a relay on mine connected into the appropriate wire from the ECU loom hooked up to a switch on the dash - it just sends to ground when pressed. Pin 21 rings a bell in my head but do a search as I'm not certain, there's a thread describing what kind of relay to use and what pin to target.

Don't go full load whilst driving in lock up mode as the mechanical linkage isn't particularly strong - just use it for cruising.

I've run my PI 3,800 stall car on several long trips without issue but always using my lock up switch when Mway cruising. As per previous posts, I also have 3x trans rads to keep my fluid and BL box as cool as possible.

Cheers,

Brian.

no :( but ive just gone on peoples word/experience

like i said thats y i was recommended fitting the high stall, reduces a lot of lag!

You can't recommend something you have no experiance of! High Stalls arn't the best day to day driving experiance. It's a different ball game, there's a trade off for launching faster.

well my experience is that the GT40 is a bit like sex at my age... it takes ages to get going but when it does, it's over in a flash.

:lol:

Jurgens brother has just got a new set of dyna pack or dyno dynamics rollers at XO in gateshead which is quiet close to Durham, i am not sure if he has them installed yet though, you could ask Jurgen.

Cheers for that :thumbs:

save ya money n just remove the traction control n ya box goes daft anyway n wont change til you phsh hard on the throttle

We're not talking about autobox change points or harshness, we're talking about torque convertor slip and how to avoid it on mway runs.