The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Regretable Purchase

Guest mister2gts

Were you all midgets??

I struggle to get meyself...(6.0ft) my missus (5.2ft) and Ellis (6 yrs) in our Supra. We went to Le Mans recently and if my wife was any taller then we couldn't have done it..!!

There is no room at all behind my seat whether I am a passenger or driving..!!

H.

H, nobody could sit behind my Driver Seat either and I am only 5'7.It's all the way back to the Rear Seat.

I can have my Daughter (15) in rear Passenger Side but not to long. Once Traveled with my almost 6ft Son in Back but he had to hold his head side ways lol

It is a shame the rx8 didn't work out. I always thought it a very girly motor. In fact, i bought one for my wife about 3 months ago and she absolutely loves it to death!!! When i drive it i have to appreciate the handling. It is very good in the twisties. I find it lacking ion the grunt section but everything does when you roll single:)

Despite Sage advice from someone on theis forum I bought an Rx8 instead of a Supra, and i'm finding it difficult to live with the terrible MPG, and the long list of potential problems that accompany the wankel engine

I've always wanted a supra and was has come up for sale locally, right money, right miles.

2 questions:

1) most of the time it is just me in the car, but occasionally it's me, bird, and 10yr old daughter. I know leg room isn't great, but is it passable and how far forward does the from passenger have to be to fit a 10yr old in the rear seats (a picture would help my cause if poss?)

2) I'm looking at a 93/94 NA manual. Is the model designation for this MA80?

Anyway the Rx8 is up for sale so it's new car time - supra or not!

You can improve the mpg and power with a piggy back ecu but it's about £1500 fitted :innocent:

Should have got the RX7 instead

Guest mister2gts

Cheers for your replies.

I'm going to have a look at a supra this week and will check the rear leg room.

Had a Rx7 a few years ago. The Rx8 is a cracking car but with all the scare stories i drive it waiting for a big boom!

Not really an aristo/lexus kind of person, want to stay with Japanese, FTO perhaps?

My brain hurts now!