The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear indicators on a facelift?

Jamesy

Absolutely mate, mine used to be amber. I had the rear lights tinted which came out very well and on the way back from collecting the car i bought some light tint spray from halfords, masked the surrounding area up and sprayed them. I also did the ones on the rear spats. They still lit up orange perfectly fine and passed mot's without issues. My garage may have some pics of them tinted

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, ignorant people just don't listen. The fact that you can't even look back and see where your statements were wrong show this. Throwing in "bumper marker" in this reply shows that you know your previous statements were false.

Wrong

Wrong

Or do you still stand by those comments in the context they were put forward in?

Edit: Yes, i am now being pedantic. This needs a conclusion though as its getting pathetic.

Yes you have become boringly pathetic now, as you know what i meant from the start but insist on harping on with your pedantic ramblings. So you can run along and pay someone to fit your brakes for you, without the metal bits on(that the technical term?):p now theres a good chap.

Matter closed i will now let the good people find there lights in peace.

Absolutely mate, mine used to be amber. I had the rear lights tinted which came out very well and on the way back from collecting the car i bought some light tint spray from halfords, masked the surrounding area up and sprayed them. They still lit up orange perfectly fine and passed mot's without issues. My garage may have some pics of them tinted

Ahh, tint spray. I just sprayed mine in matt black lol.

oops :D

Yes you have become boringly pathetic now, as you know what i meant from the start but insist on harping on with your pedantic ramblings. So you can run along and pay someone to fit your brakes for you, without the metal bits on(that the technical term?):p now theres a good chap.

Matter closed i will now let the good people find there lights in peace.

Thankyou.

No, ignorant people just don't listen. The fact that you can't even look back and see where your statements were wrong show this. Throwing in "bumper marker" in this reply shows that you know your previous statements were false.

Wrong

Wrong

Or do you still stand by those comments in the context they were put forward in?

Edit: Yes, i am now being pedantic. This needs a conclusion though as its getting pathetic.

You are right..... and wrong as I will try to explain , pre-facelift models have side repeaters as per international legislation circa 1983(except however the North American market) and these are placed on the rear part of the front wings, these flash with the indicators, facelifts however have the side markers that were used on US models where repeaters were not mandatory by side markers that came on with sidelights front and rear were hence the red rears on all facelifts.

As marker lights were not required except for the US of A all JDM models had the front side markers rewired as repeaters on facelifts and of course they are not on the wings but in the front bumper corners.

So unless it is a US version they both repeat with the indicators and do not light up with the sidelights.

Hope this clarifies the confusion :taped:

You are right..... and wrong as I will try to explain , pre-facelift models have side repeaters as per international legislation circa 1983(except however the North American market) and these are placed on the rear part of the front wings, these flash with the indicators, facelifts however have the side markers that were used on US models where repeaters were not mandatory by side markers that came on with sidelights front and rear were hence the red rears on all facelifts.

As marker lights were not required except for the US of A all JDM models had the front side markers rewired as repeaters on facelifts and of course they are not on the wings but in the front bumper corners.

So unless it is a US version they both repeat with the indicators and do not light up with the sidelights.

Hope this clarifies the confusion :taped:

Nope, you just confused the hell out of me.

I've never known of any front side repeaters not to repeat here. Surely if its a japanese car the re-wiring would have been done for the American market and not everywhere else in the world?

That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Edit: Ok i've read it a few times now and i think i understand. In the US it is side markers, in the UK it is side repeaters. The US ones don't blink hence why they "mark" the side of the car. The UK ones repeat to indicate the direction of travel. I knew that, i just couldn't remember which was which and why.

This is over complicating the argument though. If you show a side marker or a side repeater they are both exactly the same thing, they are just used for different functions ;)

I still don't believe that the JDM facelifts are re-wired though, i would say its the US ones that are retro-wired.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

After a long time searching I've managed to find 1 other place that sells the clear lenses! :) They are priced at $30.75, which is about £18 at the current exchange rate. I've emailed them to see if they will help out with a group buy.

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/product_info.php?products_id=9621&osCsid=698ef8d13655f33feb4383f0fcdb65de

any joy with this lot?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

anyways, does anyone know where best place to buy them is? lol

I got a reply from the ebay guy. He said that he wouldn't do bulk buys as the postage cost is silly.

Frankly he is full of bull. He is obvioulsy making a pretty penny selling them individual so doesn't want to take the loss in selling them bulk.

I got a reply from the ebay guy. He said that he wouldn't do bulk buys as the postage cost is silly.

Frankly he is full of bull. He is obvioulsy making a pretty penny selling them individual so doesn't want to take the loss in selling them bulk.

I emailed the same guy and he asked me to email at another address so that he can "assist me further". What's his deal? It's the same guy!:rolleyes:

I'll keep trying. Still waiting back for a message from that other company in the states.

I emailed the same guy and he asked me to email at another address so that he can "assist me further". What's his deal? It's the same guy!:rolleyes:

I'll keep trying. Still waiting back for a message from that other company in the states.

Strange, at least your getting further than i did. I replied to him saying that i thought he was on the con though.

Strange, at least your getting further than i did. I replied to him saying that i thought he was on the con though.

We'll see what he says. Hope fully this other company will come through! I can't actually believe that there aren't more of these around.

I still don't believe that the JDM facelifts are re-wired though, i would say its the US ones that are retro-wired.
The US had them on pre-facelifts from 94/95 on (they didnt get JDM style facelifts but got a 'facelift') and the facelifts were from 96 on, so no the JDM had them after not before!

Plus the US one are a different shape too

anyways, does anyone know where best place to buy them is? lol

Sorry James have been checking since yesterday and seems that the company in the US is the only one at present - not even eBay Japan has any. Could try Jurgen's Japanese purchase scheme to see if you can get any cheaper but at the moment - no

Edited by Tee from China (see edit history)

probably because he is worried he will get in grief with ebay for doing out of ebay dealing which they discourage.

i got a set on ebay about 6 years ago and they have served me well, i distinctly remember having to bite the bullit and pay $30+ shipping. then they arrived in a tiny box with $12 for shipping on the stamp! and i wasnt happy.

presumably he doesnt want to do a bulk buy because he makes $18 extra on the postage for each one he ships seperately

Not sure if this helps but the same company in the US is selling side repeaters and frt indicators together for less than $20 more so if somebody wants some clear fronts then you could split the postage - maybe? here's the link anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK-4-ALL-CLEAR-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a317Q7c293Q3a9Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem483655f925QQitemZ310149249317QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

would the repeaters off the Celica fit?

I dont know what year these were fitted and if they were even standard, but it has very similar side repeaters and may have crystal clear ones more readily available..

http://www.jdmcars.info/cars/toyota_celica_2000.jpg

Just thinking outside the box but this may work (maybe!) Jurgen has a black facelift coming over on a boat soon and maybe one of his Japanese colleagues might be able to find a pair of clears in Japan and could put them in the glove box or fit them to the car and then you only have to pay Jurgen the actual cost with no postage! If you don't ask you wont find out!!:eyebrows:

would the repeaters off the Celica fit?

I dont know what year these were fitted and if they were even standard, but it has very similar side repeaters and may have crystal clear ones more readily available..

http://www.jdmcars.info/cars/toyota_celica_2000.jpg

Look very similar - but if for the US market fitment probably the very same lamps! Have been looking for the past hour on various sites and haven't seen any for Version 7 Celicas though only for MkIV's