• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LoL they are side repeaters not Markers

Side repeaters = side markers

The difference between facelift and pre-facelift is the position and the style The pre-facelift ones are readily available in clear, the facelift ones are rare as hens teeth.

hth :)

ok i'll pm Mr PW and see what he thinks to a bit of group by business coming his way :D

As i said, you will find they are pre-facelift.

Look at my post count, most of that is down to me repeating myself.

Edit: I've messaged the ebay seller to ask how much he would do 10 sets, delivered to the 1 addy in the UK, for.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

lol - Just heard back from Paul - he DID used to do the facelift ones mate, but stopped a while back.

Unfortunately he cant help us on a group buy for these.

Let us know how u get on with the ebay bloke mate ;)

Really? I could have sworn i asked him about a year ago and he pointed out the square clear ones to me.

Did he give any hint as to where he got them from? Maybe we could get them direct.

Side repeaters = side markers

The difference between facelift and pre-facelift is the position and the style The pre-facelift ones are readily available in clear, the facelift ones are rare as hens teeth.

hth :)

I think we must be talking at X purposes, i was talking about the lights on the side of the front bumper, not the ones on the wing everyone has.

I think we must be talking at X purposes, i was talking about the lights on the side of the front bumper, not the ones on the wing everyone has.

Everyone doesn't have the ones on the wing. The ones on the wing are replaced with the ones on the bumper. They both serve exactly the same purpose.

Side marker and side repeater is the same thing. Prefacelift had rectangle blobs on the wing, facelift has triangles on the bumper.

Its just a relocation and design change.

Facelift

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=15102&d=1245624102

Pre-Facelift

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=4505&d=1162862705

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

After a long time searching I've managed to find 1 other place that sells the clear lenses! :) They are priced at $30.75, which is about £18 at the current exchange rate. I've emailed them to see if they will help out with a group buy.

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/product_info.php?products_id=9621&osCsid=698ef8d13655f33feb4383f0fcdb65de

Edited by dani_r (see edit history)

Well enough of the padantics, good luck getting the lights fellas.

Good find Dani

Oh come on, its hardly pedantic. You put up a few false statements and they were rectified. Nothing worse than false information on a forum like this, there is enough of it already.

After a long time searching I've managed to find 1 other place that sells the clear lenses! :)I'm going to email them now.

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/product_info.php?products_id=9621&osCsid=698ef8d13655f33feb4383f0fcdb65de

Good spot buddy, i think that might be the same seller as is on ebay though?

Edit, no its not so hopefully the postage might be more reasonable :)

Good spot buddy, i think that might be the same seller as is on ebay though?

Edit, no its not so hopefully the postage might be more reasonable :)

That was the first thing I checked, it does mention on their website about an eBay page but couldn't find anything. I'll let you all know as soon as I get a response. :)

D

Edit: They do have an eBay page: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/MakotoAutoTrends

But it doesn't have the MKIV lenses on there.

Edited by dani_r (see edit history)

That was the first thing I checked, it does mention on their website about an eBay page but couldn't find anything. I'll let you all know as soon as I get a response.

D

The name just rings a bell thats all :)

Maybe i have got something from them before.

Oh come on, its hardly pedantic. You put up a few false statements and they were rectified. Nothing worse than false information on a forum like this, there is enough of it already.

A few false statements where?

Bumper markers/indicators dont come on prefacelift fact, these were the lights the thread was dealing with, til you muddied the waters, with pedantics over a name, ok ok its a indicator.

Oh & pedantic people tend to repeat themselves ;)

A few false statements where?

Bumper markers/indicators dont come on prefacelift fact, these were the lights the thread was dealing with, til you muddied the waters, with pedantics over a name, ok ok its a indicator.

Oh & pedantic people tend to repeat themselves ;)

No, ignorant people just don't listen. The fact that you can't even look back and see where your statements were wrong show this. Throwing in "bumper marker" in this reply shows that you know your previous statements were false.

No pre facelift dont have sidemarkers.

Wrong

LoL they are side repeaters not Markers

Wrong

Or do you still stand by those comments in the context they were put forward in?

Edit: Yes, i am now being pedantic. This needs a conclusion though as its getting pathetic.

No, ignorant people just don't listen. The fact that you can't even look back and see where your statements were wrong show this. Throwing in "bumper marker" in this reply shows that you know your previous statements were false.

Wrong

Wrong

Or do you still stand by those comments in the context they were put forward in?

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

I just want clear bits of plastic for my car!:p

At the end of the day they are both side repeaters arent they as they both do the same job they are just in different places??:)

Why should they be called anything different just because they are further down the car??:search:

They aren't buddy, just a bit of misinformation :)

As far as i know the UK call them side markers and the US call them side repeaters, it could be the other way around though.

Pre-facelift and facelift both have them. The difference is that pre-facelift have them on the wing and facelift, generally, have them on the bumper.

Its not unheard of for facelifts to come with the pre-facelift markers though.

If your car is black spray them black, thats what i did on my old one

Does that work with the amber ones? I thought about doing that but i didn't want to mess them up.

Edit, you have just reminded me. I have a crappy old set that i could practice on :D