The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AA or RAC?

martini

AA member since I passed my test, called them out a few times now and never had cause for complaint. The guy who came out when I was in the Supra was knowledgeable, polite, and took my word for what was wrong, even though he couldn't spot it immediately (blown IC hose but I had no tools to fix it myself).

Been with the AA for quite a while as I like their multi-car coverage.

their last call out was poor though. I broke down on the M1 just north of Luton. They decided I was on the M1 just north of Lurgen....

So an hour later I got a call from an AA man with a nice Irish accent asking where I was...

An hour later after that the van finally pulls up and drags the car to the services.

But apart from that they have been pretty good.

How much is their Gold account? And what cover is given and how much is that cover direct?

I'm with LloydsTSB, and have upgraded to a Platinum Account for £12 per month, with these benefits. The AA cover given is on this link, not bad really considering the same cover from AA is over £100!!!

I use the Lloyds Platinum Service, cos they have the full AA Service!:cool:

Been with AA for 6 years... used them quite a few times, for myself and for family\friends.

Never had one problem with them, They have always been knowledgable and friendly.

Got stuck on M1 once on my birthday, clutch was on its way out and needed a tow back to London. Told them my car was pretty low... they sent out a flat bed which they use wooden ramps to get my car on and then drive me straight home! Was fantastic service and the guy even offered to sing me happy birthday! lol

I use the Lloyds Platinum Service, cos they have the full AA Service!:cool:

Same here because you get holiday cover all year round as well! Phone cover\Credit Card cover & loads more, But mine costs £17! It was £12 for only the first 2 months?

Somthing to think about is i do trackdays and mostly breakdown, since i was with the RAC i broke down in my sierra and told the guy i was at donnington watching a show he cam out looked at my car and said no you have been racing, at that time he then said im not recovering you. My brother was with AA so we called them and guess what i was home within the hour.

So since that day 4 years ago i use AA as they dont care and bring me home all the time, thing is trackdays are not classed as racing so there was no reason for them to refuse. i have been recovered 3 times with the AA in the pits around the uk with no problems.

Somthing to think about is i do trackdays and mostly breakdown, since i was with the RAC i broke down in my sierra and told the guy i was at donnington watching a show he cam out looked at my car and said no you have been racing, at that time he then said im not recovering you. My brother was with AA so we called them and guess what i was home within the hour.

So since that day 4 years ago i use AA as they dont care and bring me home all the time, thing is trackdays are not classed as racing so there was no reason for them to refuse. i have been recovered 3 times with the AA in the pits around the uk with no problems.

Interesting.

I have an N/A though (cue jokes about racing N/As).

Strange, I was going to change from the AA to the RAC for the same reason - I'd read a few stories the other way around.. :search:

Don't forget to ask for a lower renewal price. if you are a long standing customer and have not called them out, they should lower their price not put it up each year!!.IF they don't play ball tell them you will defect to the opposition that usually works;)

That's the Premier account isn't it? Platinum should be £12.

I'll have to check, because I do have the Platinum account and not the Premier

Strange, I was going to change from the AA to the RAC for the same reason - I'd read a few stories the other way around..

I think its a gamble, but personally and with friends and family who have used RAC, AA has got a better response. Like my lowered car situation, I thought they might say no they can not tow it or charge extra but instead they sent out a suitable truck to deal with it! :)

I had to call the AA out today for my van, They arrived in 20 minutes and had the van running and on the road again within 30 minutes.

Only called them out three times in two years, the first time was the only time I would moan about them, took nearly 3 hours, but they were very busy.

Dude if your family has 4 members driving...Do the AA family deal thats what i did...I have all the extras and perks, all for about £50 a year each! :) the family members dont have to live in the same home and iv been impressed with there service so far!! Do that its the cheapest and best way ;)

Paul