• 11th July
    • 18th July
    • 25th July
    • 1st August

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, I posted this in the wrong thread but the answer is there anyway! :smartass:

I get a choice of two excellent looking routes:

http://idisk.me.com/martinirwin/Public/Pictures/Skitch/Picture_2-20090713-154451.jpg

Yep both great drives if it was me i would go the bottom route that takes you through whaley bridge and tideswell some good stretches of road and not many cameras :cool:

Plan is a drive for a hour or two stopping along the way for a few pics and then off to the pub for dinner and a chat.

Plan is a drive for a hour

With that in mind mate, what is the furthest West the drive will take?

With a 2 hour and 40 minute round trip for me to start with i might just meet you on route or back at camp as i don't really fancy another 2 hours on top of that.

For instance, if you get to Buxton while on the drive i could meet you there?

As with Matt, as it's a bit of a trek I would be just showing up (going to see if I have forgotten something I have already booked with the GF before committing), but would bring her along too and then we'd head back and have a pootle about.

Here is the route

Start at rowsley, have a chat a few pics etc

Go for a drive when everyone is ready, head to bakewell then along to baslow some good roads and then up to the highway man pub for dinner. (Any local members open to suggestions for dinner).

After lunch have a drive through the peak district and over to chapel en le frith and then matt h and martini you guys will prob want to head off at this point and then the rest of us can head back to rowsley/home.

Hope this sounds ok.

Any questions?

Edited by jimmy_supra (see edit history)

1. Jimmy_Supra

2. J1mb0b1

3. Wilkorangerover

4. Matt H

5. GazB

I should be ok for this other than it's close to Suprapod and i dont want anything going wrong as i missed last years event through clutch failure the week before :(

I've put my name down but i shall say for definate closer to the time :D

Ok mate hope you can make it, not going to be going mental on this drive. :cool:

Here is the route

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss302/james7884/route2.jpg

Start at rowsley, have a chat a few pics etc

Go for a drive when everyone is ready, head to bakewell then along to baslow some good roads and then up to the highway man pub for dinner. (Any local members open to suggestions for dinner).

After lunch have a drive through the peak district and over to chapel en le frith and then matt h and martini you guys will prob want to head off at this point and then the rest of us can head back to rowsley/home.

Hope this sounds ok.

Any questions?

Sounds good to me ;)