The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear and do luck front question

supra_si

well the cars been in the bodyshop 4 (four) days now and they rang to see if i want my car back for the weekend as the bumpers have blemishes all over and are taking forever to get right. just to let you know........ they think they should have it all done by end of next week

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the car tomorrow morning, Costing me 520 quid for them to prep, spray and fit the front and back bumpers, apparently they were a tad of a nightmare, as long as they live up to their reputation and do an awesome job im sure it will be worth it

Right well where do i start,

Picked the car up this morning, they have done a really good job on the kit but its not the best fitment in the world, There is a gap under the left rear light cluster and the front do luck looks a lil squewwiff where it meets the bonnet, cant be helped but from a far it does look great, Close up there could be a lot of scrutiny butthey were at one point going to just put the old bumpers back on and tell me to get rid of them but they perserveered with it.

The wire that came with it on the front grill was very cheap chicken wire which fell apart when they took it off so they left it off, im not sure whether to put any on to protect the intercooler from stones etc,, I deffo need to scrub and clean the intercooler now as well as its in full view.

All in all the car does look hell of a lot better i just hope the way the exhaust exits the car does not burn or bubble any of the paint on the trial rear. the exhaust is not touching it but its hidden inside a little if you know what i mean. I will get full pics up later as im at work, i just thought i would let you know whats been going on.

The body shop said though for copies they are not bad but wishes they had done the mould on the outside of the original not the inside as its easier to cut something down to fit not try and make something bigger.

Here's mine.

Just drilled straight throught the bumper and bunged it on.

Got my front number-plate from http://www.craigsplates.com.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/littlebigman_123/Chorleywood%20Walk%20March%2009/P10305372.jpg

It's either the angle you've taken that shot in, or the bonnet + skirts, but I'd say that's one aggressive looking shot (I have a do-luck bumper myself).

Looks very neat. Only really seen wide-arch kits looking that aggressive to me before. Nice touch.

Right well where do i start,

Looking forward to photos. My front bumper is a bit dodgy, but from a distance it looks good. Took the workshop 6 hours to fit apparently.

My side skirts on the other hand, fit a treat and they did a great job.

Took my body shop a week to fit the front and back bumpers once primered, Took them 2 weeks preceeding this to cure all the imperfections of the bumper. the bumpre looks a little twisted to be honest when really close up but hey its fibreglass and really flexible.

AFR stuck two strips of bendy metal to the under side of my Do-luck bumper gap. Much like Marble apple. Bit of a shocking job to be honest as it always blows under at higher speeds. But it does have the advantage of being folded under slightly at meets / shows.

Personally, the stock number plate holder is best. It can be attached to the same location on the do-luck easily and doesn't effect air flow into the front mount (if you have one).

Failing that, you can use a similar method to mine but i recommend using the right brackets for the job. Not bendy metal like mine :rolleyes: