The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Type S bodykit

Rob Dublin

sacralidge, would you buy a ferrari and put a kit on it ? would you own a masserati and but a kit on it ? i know i wouldnt so why kit a beautifull car like the supra ?

Ha, the word you were searching for is 'Sacrilege' and to answer your question . yes people do put kits on their Ferraris and Maseratis just look for Hamman or Leo Nardo or Kahn who all do kits for them! And why? to stand out from the rest! Yes Mr.T got it right with the Supra but perfection can always be improved on and there are some nice bodykits out there(and some real abortions too) each to their own and live and let live and so on.............:eyebrows:

yeah but it still looks like a supra wanabe, the car should be how it is, if we all stopped kitting them and enjoyed the beauty of a supra we would all be in a better place...

why do you want to hang bits of dodgy fibreglass on your cars, its beyond me, im sorry but its my opinion, you dont need to kit a car to make it look good or make it original, and kitting supras just makes them the next corsa or nova or astra on the road in my opinion... if you have a real TRD keep it real TRD, if you have a real Top Secret... keep is so... but dont add cheap tacky wanabe fibreglass, if you want to do this sell your supra but an mr2 and put a ferrari kit on it !

Frankly I think you have taken too much of your medication as you are no longer making sense!

How can a kitted Supra be a 'wannabe' when it already IS a Supra! the term wannabe is when someone or something is pretending to be something it is not, such as MR2's pretending to be F355 or whatever!!

Not all kits are 'dodgy' as you imply and its all down to choice and your comment "if you have a real TRD or a real Top Secret" etc..... what the hell can be 'added' to either of those pray tell!

Your inference to 'cheap tacky wannabe fibreglass' is an insult to all the excellent kit makers out there and not just for Supras!

OK so you don't like kits on Supras- fine, but many others do!

It's amazing how peoples views change around here. 2 years ago it was all about bodykits. Then the yanks change their style and go with the stock look, now we are following them like sheep.

It's opinion at the end of the day. My personal one is that a supra can be stunning with or without one. Take JP for example. His last supra was kitted up, wide, with HUGE wheels, and it was renowned as being one of the best, now he has a stock one, and again, it looks stunning and is talked about by everyone.

My favourite one at the moment is this one.

It's amazing how peoples views change around here. 2 years ago it was all about bodykits. Then the yanks change their style and go with the stock look, now we are following them like sheep.

Maybe trends can be tracked with Fast & Furious cinema and DVD releases, where cars within contain the Supra... ?

I have always liked the bodykitted one. When Gran Turismo came out I loved the Supra... not the stock one, the Castrol one with the widebody GT kit.

It's funny to think that opinions as a whole change... i.e. over the pond they all go stock and then we think it's cool over here...

This certainly opened up a can of worms!

Yes I am :)

Signature bodykit

http://www.evolution.co.jp/signature/supra/

Brucie Bonus points for that man!

Not my cuppa and will be a royal pain in the ass to drive being that low

Can always raise it a little bit, reckon I'll have to to fit my 19" Lenzos.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/dsc00329-01-1.jpg

That's been my phone wallpaper for over a year now, kinda gone out of fashion and now I'm hitting 30 I can feel my sensible hat starting to loom ominously :( (I'm aware this conflicts with my previous wheels comment)

acceptable almost, but a bit OTT in my opinionated opinion :D

Opinionated opinions seem to be par for the course around here!

Edited by Rob Dublin (see edit history)

It's opinion at the end of the day. My personal one is that a supra can be stunning with or without one. Take JP for example. His last supra was kitted up, wide, with HUGE wheels, and it was renowned as being one of the best, now he has a stock one, and again, it looks stunning and is talked about by everyone.

You haven't been here or on the yank forums very long then :D

The yanks have never been hot on the bodykits, going back to 2001 when I joined there. Stock has always been the way to go there. I was even slated in 2004 for fitting OEM side skirts as it ruined the lines of the stock supra (the didn't get them in the US) :D

Stock (or very near to it) has also been a favoured look for many on here for years, it's just that those people either are not as vocal with their opionions or just get drowed out by the "kit is best" crowd.

To be fair, opinion does seem to be shifting towards the stock look over here now, that's a good thing.

To be fair, opinion does seem to be shifting towards the stock look over here now, that's a good thing.

... for those that prefer stock!

The stock car does look nice; very smart.

I just love the look of mine and that's all that matters I guess!

When I go TT in a few years; I'm not sure what I will go for.

Update...

Gave the recession the two fingers and got rid of the sensible diesel in favour of a TT Supra! Threw on my 19s yesterday too. Bodykit growing on me, not sure I'll take it off in favour of stock just yet. It's blody low tho.... speed ramps in the supermarket (not particularly big ones! were a problem. I'm sure I'll tire of that.

Been sunny all week but as soon as I get it home the rain pours so apologies for the poor pic quality. Proper pics later in the week.

New car had 18" Rota rims which are now on the n/a and really suit it I reckon. MX5 belongs to the missus.... honest!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/dsc00329-01-1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/dsc00325-01.jpg

Is that just a Do-Luck front? It is probably my favourite front end.

What are the skirts? Blitz? Top Secret? (I haven't got myself learnt up yet! :p)

Update...

Gave the recession the two fingers and got rid of the sensible diesel in favour of a TT Supra! Threw on my 19s yesterday too. Bodykit growing on me, not sure I'll take it off in favour of stock just yet. It's blody low tho.... speed ramps in the supermarket (not particularly big ones! were a problem. I'm sure I'll tire of that.

Been sunny all week but as soon as I get it home the rain pours so apologies for the poor pic quality. Proper pics later in the week.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/jb150879/28062009264.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/jb150879/28062009271.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/jb150879/28062009265.jpg

You know what, i like that. I think if the kit was blended, especially at the rear then that would be up there for me. :thumbs:

My opinion on kits is; the stock body kit is a minimum. The supra without a stock kit looks pretty dated now and not very attractive.