The mkiv Supra Owners Club

glass or plastic headlights

peter richards

Peter I done mine with glass and painted the backs silver to match the colour of the car. Black or a dark colour just wouldnt look quite right imo on a silver car.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7152/imgp09400kq.jpg

They look really nice, although if I were to do the same I would use facelift lights, as the layout of the lamps is simpler and neater.

That does look really good though :)

They have gone up, im sure they was £240 when i considered getting some, mind you that was not delivered.

Pound / Yen rate is a lot different now.

My personal preference is for the Facelift headlights, I think they look a lot more modern compared to the older ones with the chrome inners.

When walking around our 'stand' at Japfest, I noticed that nearly all the cars with plastic front lights suffered with clouding or yellowing to some degree. It would have to be the glass units for me after seeing that, there really is no comparison.

thanks chris for the compliment ,

heres a pic of brett jones supra engine we travelled down to detail his car after hed just got it

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/par96/brettssupe001-1.jpg

Hi Pete,

How long would a job like that take? and cost? form scratch as mine has 100k and don't think anyones took a rag to the engine bay yet.

PS, Pity about the wiper arms, it's the little details that count, (joke)

Edited by chrisrigpig
Vodka (see edit history)

this is the number for Toyota in aberdeen 01224 249246.

They also do a club discount and I have found frequently beat the inchcape price for club members. Ask for Brian and obviously mention the club. Remember you don't need the full lights with bulb holders etc just the shell. I think I was £195 for a set about 2 years ago. If you do call please let us know the price you get quoted.

I just remembered that I got another set for my wife last year and think they were £220.

Just phoned Brian at Toyota Aberdeen and he said that due to a reduction in the discount they receive from 22% to 12% on headlights they can no longer offer the same discount on these items and the price for the pair is £297.92 inc vat however delivery within the UK is another £20 so £317.92 inc vat and delivery.

Hope that helps.