The mkiv Supra Owners Club

520bhp twin turbo Supra??

ClaireRZ-S

What mods have you done to gain this and where was it dyno'd?

Ours on Hybrids is only pushing 400, new injectors and ecu should see it at 440, so very interested to see what you have done to yours

Spec in my garage:)

But basically i have a Phr fuel kit (850 injectors) and a Solaris Ecu. Dyno'd at Surrey RR

Axle's car is running a similar figure and Cheekymonkey's...

I plan to see if i can get a bit more from mine as well

Edited by magictorch (see edit history)

Although I'm sure this advert is total rubbish! over 500 has been done ;) :) Although John's was/is a UK!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=768486&postcount=32

Ahh the amazing hub dyno versus chassis dyno again, CJ's car made about 150hp more on thors dyno than it did on a chassis dyno, either way it depends on the operator, figures are easy to fudge if thats what you want to do. At the end of the day the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Look at what happened at TOTB when i had to race a 1200 hp car in the semis, mind you that was 1200 hp on thors hub dyno, maybe we are talling different horses:blink: Where the bullshit stops is when you put them on a strip or top speed run.:eyebrows:

The thing is, put the same car and two different dynos on the same day and you'll probably get two different figures.

Dyno figures and printouts are one thing, getting in the car and being blown away by a well tuned setup is another.

True, however in Magictorch's case, he dyno'd his car at SRR - same place as me and same place as quite a few cars on WEZ's ECU register....so worth looking into in my opinion.

Hub dyno ;) It'd been tried again, again and again, even hybrid's with an extreme spec list will only just deliver 450bhp.

Ahh the amazing hub dyno versus chassis dyno again, CJ's car made about 150hp more on thors dyno than it did on a chassis dyno, either way it depends on the operator, figures are easy to fudge if thats what you want to do. At the end of the day the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Look at what happened at TOTB when i had to race a 1200 hp car in the semis, mind you that was 1200 hp on thors hub dyno, maybe we are talling different horses:blink: Where the bull$#@! stops is when you put them on a strip or top speed run.:eyebrows:

TBH I'm not really bother either way :) I was really only pointing out that John had achieve an impressive figure but as you say (quite rightly) dyno accuracy is major factor and figures can be manipulated. Just always found John to be very knowledgeable and not one to 'bs' for the sake of it.

Speaking of TOTB dude im going to have get some tips off you matey :) and get some MT's :)