The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car dyno'd today

Paul -C-

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is wheelspin really an issue for 'good' rolling roads?

I've only been to one rolling road so far and on two seperate days (10+ cars dyno'd each day) they never had a single car that had wheelspin problems

This was on Surrey rolling road using a dyno-dynamics roller.

Which are the Dyno Pack ones? Are those the wheels off, bolt to the hubs version? :conf:

The Dynopack is a hub dyno (same as the one Thor uses).

It can't give an accurate rwhp figure as it doesn't take full rotating mass into account.

As with any dyno, the figures are only relevant if you use the same dyno to tune after each modification.

Dynapack and Rototest are hub dynos.

They are very good for tuning as they give repeatable results....however they are only as good as the person using them and the way they are setup.

I am not convinced of their "usefulness" as a power indicating tool.

Seems like it boils down to different dyno's give different results for the same car in similar conditions. Thor's hub dyno gives a higher figure than a regular rolling road.

I agree with the folks who say the best indication of a car's true power is its ¼ mile performance, especially the trap speed.

Exactly spot on , a Dyno is really only any good for tuning /telling how well a car is running , they are a great tool for seeing what difference a particular mod has made , BUT only if you allways use the same dyno , a 'shootout' is only any good for the cars that are dynoed on the same day to compare .

The hub dynos allways seem to provide MUCH higher figures than a wheel dyno , nothing wrong with this IF you allways use a Hub dyno as an example CJ's was around 200 hp MORE on a hub dyno , the true measure of a cars powre is how it performs on a drag strip or a top speed run !!!!

I'll stick with my 450 RRWP as it must be a special HP that enables me to run 10's :innocent:

Dude :cool: