The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do these do..

SupraGirlie

I found this fob in the centre box today, I can't figure out what it does! I also found out I have a rear parking sensor, and there is so many different beeps etc when the ignition is on! I might just rip it all out to be honest as it's annoying!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/saxohunni/GetAttachment.jpg

Thats a security gate fob to open gates i have one

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you not ask the previous owner, if you purchased it from a garage they should be able to tell you or get the address from the V5 of the previous owner and ask them. This is all obvious I know but just in case you havn't tried that yet.

I would not rip anything out until you know what it does.

I've got the conlight as well and was told it automatically turned the headlights on. Can't make it work though, not too sure how it works or what it plugs in to (can only see 2 wires trailing down the side of the dash)

Could you not ask the previous owner, if you purchased it from a garage they should be able to tell you or get the address from the V5 of the previous owner and ask them. This is all obvious I know but just in case you havn't tried that yet.

I would not rip anything out until you know what it does.

The previous owner only had it for a few months and never used it, if I could get in contact with the owner before him, that could be very useful as he had it 9 years.

I've got the conlight as well and was told it automatically turned the headlights on. Can't make it work though, not too sure how it works or what it plugs in to (can only see 2 wires trailing down the side of the dash)

Mine seems to work :D

No offence but didnt you ask when you brought it what they where? The garage must have had some idea what they where?

If not then you must have picked it up cheap, I can see the convo now.

"So whats that beep?"

"dont know"

"So whats all those wires with large boxes on them?"

"dont know"

Anyone looking at that car without supra knowage would run a mile.

No offence but didnt you ask when you brought it what they where? The garage must have had some idea what they where?

If not then you must have picked it up cheap, I can see the convo now.

"So whats that beep?"

"dont know"

"So whats all those wires with large boxes on them?"

"dont know"

Anyone looking at that car without supra knowage would run a mile.

I did not meet the owner no, the owner is a 77yr old man and the son was dealing with the sale on his behalf. Also, the guy only had it 3 months, like I said in a previous post, I might try and get hold of the owner before last as he had it 9 years.

OMG that must be so annoying LOL, i seen something similar, does it happen when the car starts or when its driving?

Just while driving, and when you power it on. I haven't pressed any of the other buttons yet to see what they do lol. If it is some useless Jap thing, then why has it been left on by previous owners since 1998 when it was imported!

Just while driving, and when you power it on. I haven't pressed any of the other buttons yet to see what they do lol. If it is some useless Jap thing, then why has it been left on by previous owners since 1998 when it was imported!

yea i remember seeing a car with something like this. when you turn the car on, it just makes all these jap video game noises and then says buckle up, and thats it, looks like a gizmo, but still cant be sure on it

yea i remember seeing a car with something like this. when you turn the car on, it just makes all these jap video game noises and then says buckle up, and thats it, looks like a gizmo, but still cant be sure on it

Lol no I am determined it has a use, something really cool and useful lol! I might try pressing some of the other buttons and see what happens.

Looks like an old fashioned scanner to me.

When you turn it on it goes through the range of noises, once it has settled it will constantly beep the same noise. If a copper points a radar gun at you it will go nuts.

If thats what it is rip it out, useless nowadays.

Outta interest... the roof on my Del Sol goes in the boot on a little runner... is there the same on supra aeros?

It has 4 holders it clips in to.

Looks like an old fashioned scanner to me.

When you turn it on it goes through the range of noises, once it has settled it will constantly beep the same noise. If a copper points a radar gun at you it will go nuts.

If thats what it is rip it out, useless nowadays.

It went mad when I pulled up behind a car at traffic lights too, I thought this was what it might be, I guess I'll remove it, as I will be putting a boost controller in its place anyway :)

It went mad when I pulled up behind a car at traffic lights too, I thought this was what it might be, I guess I'll remove it, as I will be putting a boost controller in its place anyway :)

Was it possibly a set of lights with a radar camera on them?

Sounds like a parking sensor :)

Lol why would a parking sensor need a little box with lots of lights and buttons on. No it's definitely not that.

lol, I had a parking sensor once that came with a full LCD screen that told me which direction the object was coming from. So it can have loadsa lights... however... I dont think this is what you have ;)