The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South east monthly meets

People please tell me why the meets were allowed to dwindle and then maybe we can re think venue day it occurs etc, its a shame to see these disappear as they were good fun and i personally miss seeing ur ugly mugs lolol :-) so come on give me your gripes and lets see what we can do oki????

:)

It was probably my ugly mug that put everyone off going! It would be nice to keep the same venue if possible, maybe change the time or date? I had no gripes with the meet as it was and always looked forward to attending. It would be a shame to lose this meet. So come on guys and girls, the cake lady needs our help:D

People please tell me why the meets were allowed to dwindle and then maybe we can re think venue day it occurs etc, its a shame to see these disappear as they were good fun and i personally miss seeing ur ugly mugs lolol :-) so come on give me your gripes and lets see what we can do oki????

:)

A long long time ago we use to have mini meets at the Crooked Billet near slough, we had two or three there.

Ive never been to a meet, not been on here long enough I suppose but a south east meet sounds good to me. Well up for that ;)

Oh, I was thinking Box Hill or Cobham.

For thoses who were not previously aware the SEM (South East Meet), used to be once a month. It was on the 1st Thursday of every month then moved to the 1st Saturday, and was held at the Fairmail pub in Cobham..

Was a very social event with (at times) good numbers, also had a bad couple of low numbers.. Gatso and a few of the other regulars including Amazing Grace (or AKA cake lady!!:)) tried to get some interest last year and it worked, but i believe due to the weather it sort of died over the winter..

Would be a shame to lose this due to lack of interest.. i went most months, and its easy enough to get to! a couple of us used to meet from Kent at clackets and convoy down (from the M25 Dartfort crossing it is only around 45min/1hour...)

Also worth trying to keep this location due to good parking, and the summer BBQ.. (search for threads, they are normally really good sure there are loads of photos on here somewhere!)

I agree that it would be a shame if it was finished for good.

I called in there for a lunch two weeks ago when I was in the area and remembered the fun we had there (even when it wasn't sunny :

) :)

I've no idea why it wasn't more popular - decent grub, decent outside area, great parking, easy to get to !

There must be loads of members within a 30 minute ride, not including the Yokels from the West :blink:

Perhaps a meet every other month may be better rather than monthly, there seems so much to fit in during the summer.

I would happily organise another,if there was a few of us that were interested (but I'd be happy for a "local" to take over as well) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...