The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra vs....

Adzys straight6

and held it together brilliantly in the corners but he just couldnt justify 200 grand! he had an uprated F1 modena before and was hoping for amazing things with the 430 but was really dissapointed, he now looking at other options like an ascari,lambo or high power turbo'd car thats still ok as an everyday driver.

Disappointed in the F430 - which is pretty much the best handling Ferrari ever made, according to a lot of motoring journalists and drivers? Interesting.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?! why?..i went in one two weeks ago , my cousin went to test drive one ..damn quick! and held it together brilliantly in the corners but he just couldnt justify 200 grand! he had an uprated F1 modena before and was hoping for amazing things with the 430 but was really dissapointed, he now looking at other options like an ascari,lambo or high power turbo'd car thats still ok as an everyday driver.

Why isn't your "cousin" getting a Supra?

MARC P! Woop! :) yes ferraris are cool and do sound awesome but are damn expensive and on uk roads are as good as a chocolote teapot...plus..driving one in the uk

Equals:

ferrari F430, 196mph,italian supercar,razor sharp handling ,expensive repair bills from potholling the bastard thing on uk roads, 2 seater,F1 technology, looking like a prick all for the subtle price of 200 grand.

Supra Big Single Turbo: 200mph-ish,Cult classic Jap sportscar bulletproof engine, cheap parts, turn heads in a good way, easy to drive, insure etc etc.eats ferrari's...though struggling on corners! lol..10k to 25k.....cash in my pocket!

MARC P! Woop! :) yes ferraris are cool and do sound awesome but are damn expensive and on uk roads are as good as a chocolote teapot...plus..driving one in the uk

Equals:

ferrari F430, 196mph,italian supercar,razor sharp handling ,expensive repair bills from potholling the bastard thing on uk roads, 2 seater,F1 technology, looking like a prick all for the subtle price of 200 grand.

Supra Big Single Turbo: 200mph-ish,Cult classic Jap sportscar bulletproof engine, cheap parts, turn heads in a good way, easy to drive, insure etc etc.eats ferrari's...though struggling on corners! lol..10k to 25k.....cash in my pocket!

Have you told your "cousin" this? What did he say?

I feel like crying...

Equals:

Ok ok... Let's disect that.

196mph is not 200mph-ish? What percentage of singles can hit 196mph? What percentage of F430's can hit 196mph?

Modern, Italian Supercar versus old, Japanese "cult" classic. Well, I'm not sure the Supra is a cult-classic - at least not yet. Give me modern, current engineering over "the old days".

2 Seater? Well, yea, because you can get two people in the back of a Supra, comfortably...

Cheap parts - no such thing on a "big single" really. But yea, cheaper than a Ferrari, I will give that.

Turns heads, in a good way? Subjective. The Supra is a fine looking car - and kids will look. Adults appreciate the Ferrari and the jealous will hate both.

Looking like a prick - well, that's in your mind. I look a prick in anything I drive.

£200k. £140k-£160k maybe, not £200k

the last time I was in a Ferrari in the UK I just got the little d1ck gesture.

The last, and only, time (you make it sound like getting a ride in a Ferrari is a weekly occurrance dude!) I was in a Ferrari, we were going too quick to notice any gestures from folk in their superior Supras and such :D

Looking like a prick - well, that's in your mind. I look a prick in anything I drive

aww jonny your not a prick...well your might be, i dont really know you but im feeling good today so il give you the benefit of the doubt:)

The 430 he went to look at was 2009 58plate with 72 miles on the clock, 'The retail' on it was £198,229, dont get me wrong he did like it but not enough i guess. Kinda get the feeling he wished he kept his modena.

The top speed of the 430 according to the manual is 196mph...

A big single turbo supra with a decent setup could hit the same top speed...

as for engineering i know what id prefer to work on...and i can guess what would be more reliable.