The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo conversion help.

Guest jamesw71

For a reliable 700bhp car that doesn't drive like a shitter, I would budget 15k minimum and allow another 5k overspend in case its needed maybe more realistically 10k.

As the other guys have said, sometimes it makes more sense to opt for a slightly more moderate power figure which when setup correctly can be a whole lot more fun to drive on the road and often a lot quicker point to point ;) 700bhp in my opinion is pretty much no good on the road as you are pretty much into drag power levels. Nics post above is very good to go on. Just do your homework, DO NOT under any circumstances cut corners and choose your mapper and builder carefully. Maybe have a work with Jamie P on here...he has been through numerous setups ranging from drag turbos down to ultra reaponsive units

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

For 700 bhp i would go with the billet wheel 71GTS Dbb, that should make that power at around 1.6bar and will still spool reasonably wheel.

With good suspension/geo and tyre setup it would make for possibly the fastest street setup about imo and is something im very much considering myself.

If you can do much of the build yourself, and buy only quality parts. You could build a good fast street car for £12-£15K. Atthe level of power you are aiming for, cheaper components will let you down. If you stick with an auto, you will need a different box. The TH400 is we proven in the states. It is a three speed box, so need considering carefully as rpm while cruising will be higher than stock. There is another GM box with 4 speeds that can be used with the MKIV, check out USA forums for details.The is also a "Gear Vendors" overdrive box to add to the TH400, which effecectivily gives you overdrive in all three forward gears.

If you want raw power usable on the road, a manual conversion might be a better option, you have less weight and dont need a number of coolers and assosciated feed and returns lines.

Guest jamesw71

Wow great help soooo many ideas just finished work.

My budget i suppose can go as far as 30k give or take abit is that any good?

I want to start buying just want to get on with it, but want to buy the rite bits.

Wow great help soooo many ideas just finished work.

My budget i suppose can go as far as 30k give or take abit is that any good?

I want to start buying just want to get on with it, but want to buy the rite bits.

That should be about right, not including the car...

Nic has posted a good spec for the power you're looking for, but every single build is different :)