The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper and Spats look too white on car

ClaireRZ-S

Sorry to see this Claire, I had exactly the same problem last year

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=141732

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=149344

I know how gutting it feels, push the sprayer to sort it and mention trading standards.

It might polish up enough, if done professionally. The up side is your whole car will be gleaming again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See what i'm really angry about is that i actually thought the colour would be blended in but he didn't do a thing to the cars paint just put on the bumper and stuck on the spats.

My boyfriends dad was speaking to him about it and he did definitely say to him that he would do it at a REDUCED price. There is no bloody reduced price if he actually didn't do the blending. Do ya think the 550 would be about right for all this work??

Yeah i am really not happy because i actually don't like driving the car at the moment. It was boyfriends dad that spoke to him and agreed a price so he's going to go back and and say that we are not happy i didn't pick up the car you see i wouldn't of paid or took the car when i was collecting it.

@Dodgy did the sprayer sort it out for you??

Did you say £550? For fitting and spraying the spats and bumper? I'd say that quit expensive considering they did a poor job of the spraying.

He originally wanted 550euro but i did think that was a lot for the bumper and spats so we were going to get it done somewhere else which would be a lot cheaper. The bumper was left down a few weeks earlier all these extra cracks appeared in it and then he said "look i'll do it so for 350". We were under the impression due to the cracks because it seemed that the bumper might of got a knock in the bodyshop or something he was going to do it cheaper. He originally said to my boyfriend the 550 included the blending but he just didn't do it.

Then in that case I would take it back to him and ram it down his throat that he hasn't done a satisfactory job, and perhaps drop the words "trading standards" in to the convo.

The only bad bit i can think of is that since you've paid that kindof comes across as you having accepted the work he did...

Then in that case I would take it back to him and ram it down his throat that he hasn't done a satisfactory job, and perhaps drop the words "trading standards" in to the convo.

The only bad bit i can think of is that since you've paid that kindof comes across as you having accepted the work he did...

See i had no dealings with it the lads did it all for me :D you know how they like to do that stuff. I asked him to put the lights that were on the corners (red lights) i wanted them on the spats he didn't do this either. Also one of my indicators at the front isn't working not sure if its the connection or the bulb just more hassle to look into

When I had my skirts and spats sprayed and put on, it cost me around £200 all in, and they were a perfect match, so I think you've been over charged slightly IMO.

I hope Peter's mate can sort it for you as soon as possible. :)

We'll see first if the sprayer will fix it if not i'm going to take it further because it will cost me more money to fix it then at that rate i'll nearly be paying what he originally asked :(

price wise, 550 IF he used sikkens or Glasurit paint, ok, but if he used cheap stuff, no.

Tell him he was to paint them the same colour and if he couldnt do it why did he try?

I would not pay him at all, his work is worthless. IF he is a decent bodyshop he will be happy to repaint at his cost, your not there to pay for his mistakes.

You want to have seen the paint job I got when I bought this latest Supra. The guy next door to phoenix did it with the cheapest paint on the market, left me over 30 runs, and a poor finish. £2300 for the colour change. Pointless talking to him as he obviously couldnt paint. What a ripoff.

Took it to a mate down the road, £1600 and decent paint and almost perfect finish.

Takes you to see a few examples of someones work before you employ them.

price wise, 550 IF he used sikkens or Glasurit paint, ok, but if he used cheap stuff, no.

Tell him he was to paint them the same colour and if he couldnt do it why did he try?

I would not pay him at all, his work is worthless. IF he is a decent bodyshop he will be happy to repaint at his cost, your not there to pay for his mistakes.

You want to have seen the paint job I got when I bought this latest Supra. The guy next door to phoenix did it with the cheapest paint on the market, left me over 30 runs, and a poor finish. £2300 for the colour change. Pointless talking to him as he obviously couldnt paint. What a ripoff.

Took it to a mate down the road, £1600 and decent paint and almost perfect finish.

Takes you to see a few examples of someones work before you employ them.

The boyfriends car was done there got a few things sprayed and he did a great job. I dunno i reckon it was the money dispute that he didn't do it but he still should of buffed it to make it look a bit better.Looks bad for him if someone goes where you get that done it looks brutal :D