The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper and Spats look too white on car

ClaireRZ-S

You want to have seen the paint job I got when I bought this latest Supra. The guy next door to phoenix did it with the cheapest paint on the market, left me over 30 runs, and a poor finish. £2300 for the colour change. Pointless talking to him as he obviously couldnt paint. What a ripoff.

Got to admit I wasn't too impressed with the setup of that guy so this doesn't suprise me. £2300 not cheap either :(

I paid about £2800 for my colour change but knew the bodyshop well, gave them a list of what I wanted done and left them in no doubt they wouldn't get the money until I was happy. A few niggles but they were very capable and sorted them out OK for a near perfect job.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul, I also bought a load body stuff such as new trims surrounds etc, so my price was for paintwork only. It would be very hard to tell that my car was once black and then purple. Well worth it though, I would have had his life if he did a crap job, and he knew it so I called in every day keeping an eyes on things.

@Dodgy did the sprayer sort it out for you??

Yeah they sorted it, but money was held back until I was happy.

The first link is from their first attempt and the second link is after they had it back and sorted it out.

I paid an extra £300 to get the roof, pillars, rear quarters and spats blown over which obviously made the colour match much easier.

Just a update on this:

He has come back to me saying that he normally doesn't do the work himself anymore he gets the lads that do it and he knows he should of inspected it himself before it left. He's pretty good himself at it so he has offered to give me a full refund or advised that he would personally fix it himself and apolgised.

Just a update on this:

He has come back to me saying that he normally doesn't do the work himself anymore he gets the lads that do it and he knows he should of inspected it himself before it left. He's pretty good himself at it so he has offered to give me a full refund or advised that he would personally fix it himself and apolgised.

Result:)

Hope you get it all sorted

Just a update on this:

That's good to hear:d

Ohh listen to this..

He told me now that the paint is so far out that he can't blend it and would have to respray the whole car. i was delighted till he told me as he was going to do it for free, he wouldnt do the handles or the wing mirrors. Two tiny parts and he wouldn't do them.

So out of curiosity i asked how much it would cost he wants me to pay a extra 100-150 euro to spray the door handles and the wing mirrors.

So because of his fault he wanted me to pay more money again because he would be leaving me with another problem as he knows they wouldn't look right. I wouldn't take it i know some of ye probably think i'm mad but its principle and he's being a wanker by doing that in my opinion. I don't think i'd trust him doing a respray now as imagine if that whole thing went wrong.

Soo annoyed over it all :(

Ohh listen to this..

He told me now that the paint is so far out that he can't blend it and would have to respray the whole car. i was delighted till he told me as he was going to do it for free, he wouldnt do the handles or the wing mirrors. Two tiny parts and he wouldn't do them.

So out of curiosity i asked how much it would cost he wants me to pay a extra 100-150 euro to spray the door handles and the wing mirrors.

So because of his fault he wanted me to pay more money again because he would be leaving me with another problem as he knows they wouldn't look right. I wouldn't take it i know some of ye probably think i'm mad but its principle and he's being a wanker by doing that in my opinion. I don't think i'd trust him doing a respray now as imagine if that whole thing went wrong.

Soo annoyed over it all :(

Go for the full refund then?

Got a full refund lads he just said it won't match i really dont know what is going on unless the white on my car is really off..

well blending is a good option but your white is probably quite dull :)

Here's a 50/50 pic of a white evo bonnet I polished last year; it went from a dirty looking white to fresh white after a good machining :) it's funny though as the white before the machining didnt look too bad but the polishing showed how much it could be improved :)

so I would go with the detail first before getting the body parts sprayed :)