The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost logic auto box cooler?!

L33

you got 335i td ?? nice cars , i have been looking at them aswell . more tq then a M3 V10 and 30mpg....

i have only dealt with two people on the this forum from the US that has tried very hard to get warranty replacements sorted for me , You being one and Dusty. remember the problem with the HKS cams , you were excellent on 2 broken cams and your service has been A1 all through our dealings. Iam sure you will try and resolve any issues with parts that you sell with 110% effort.

you got 335i td ?? nice cars , i have been looking at them aswell . more tq then a M3 V10 and 30mpg....

i have only dealt with two people on the this forum from the US that has tried very hard to get warranty replacements sorted for me , You being one and Dusty. remember the problem with the HKS cams , you were excellent on 2 broken cams and your service has been A1 all through our dealings. Iam sure you will try and resolve any issues with parts that you sell with 110% effort.

Thanks mate, i'm all about customer service. I'm small time so every customer helps ;-). I think I still have a broken HKS cam sitting in my garage, i wonder if its worth anything lol!

And yea mate, i got a silver 2 door coupe 335i, i dont think i'll ever own anything besides german engineering again. The car rides/handles like a dream. Its a blast to drive! I get like 22mpg in the city and 30 on the hwy and as you said it can hang with an M3 that cost nearly $30,000 more lol

haha good point Rob, i keep meaning to hang it on the wall but i'm lazy. I'm trying to clean out the garage these last few weeks. Its amazing how much these $20-100 items add up in total. I think with enough of these AEM map sensors laying around i could buy a few turbos lol!

For the love of god man dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!

I was like you thinking the BL box was the way to go etc and not wanting to pay out the 2700 (manual Conversion) + RPS clutch (500ish) and honestly though it would be a good option to future proof the car and make sure it could handle the extra power. But this last year has been a nightmare! Not only have I gone though bl box after bl box the bloody thing nearly killed me at least twice after if started slipping when trying to pull out of busy roundabout :blink: Its got to the point that I've had to buy another car (cheapo thing) to get me to work because it has been so dangerous or not working or up at Michels. Because of boostlogic I'm now in a position were I will probably have to sell the car when I get it back simply because of the stupid amounts of money I have had to spend! as well as my engine build :( Which im really upset about! Serioulsy between me and Michel we could have bought several NEW 6 Speeds boxes and flown over Toyota engineers in from Japan to fit the things into my car!

Just to make it clear as well non of the above was/is Michel's fault and has been a star though out the whole thing!

I so wish I could go back in time and get Michel todo a 6 speed :(

Not having a pop but that doesn't bode well for the rest of the build.

Some people have been lucky with the BL box, and some have been Rob Wild :p (Sorry Rob!)

LOL ;) sometimes I don't know weather to laugh or cry about it...

Feeling Robs pain here and i guess i shoulder some of the responsibility as i took him out in my car :(. My BL is now nearly 3years old and is still spot on (touch wood), however i can see how things go wrong, being in maintenance a lot of my working life it was always drummed into me about keeping everything spotlessly clean when striping down, when i recieved the box it had no covers on any oil connections :blink: and had a damaged sump pan (this was not BL's fault), when i changed the sump pan i was a bit shocked to finds bits of debris and gasket material inside :wtf:, now on a close tolerance hydraulic unit whether that be a main battle tank, a JCB or a Toyota Supra foreign material in the hydraulics spells disaster, i think BL have some real basic quality issues with their autobox builder and i dont know if these have ever been resolved. It really is a shame BL have started to get this reputaion with the boxs because the basic product is good and when it works boy does it work well which i am sure even Rob would acknowledge.

I think if something were to happen to my box i would give Michel a try rather than go to BL again.

Lee not being funny mate but i have posted loads of stuff on tranny coolers, fans, thermostats, temp gauges and it is all easily accessible using the search button, with regards to the ecu i would suggest before you buy anything to speak to Ryan G first, he has mapped a lot of autos and has some pretty compelling views on auto box ecu selection.

Feeling Robs pain here and i guess i shoulder some of the responsibility as i took him out in my car :(.

Not your fault matey the only people really to blame are Boostlogic and me for modifying the car in the first place and trusting tuning company such as Boost Logic :(

It really is a shame BL have started to get this reputaion with the boxs because the basic product is good and when it works boy does it work well which i am sure even Rob would acknowledge.

Yeah that's whats so annoying :(

I think if something were to happen to my box i would give Michel a try rather than go to BL again.

If you were staying auto probably the best option!

with regards to the ecu i would suggest before you buy anything to speak to Ryan G first, he has mapped a lot of autos and has some pretty compelling views on auto box ecu selection.

Good advice matey :)

Lee not being funny mate but i have posted loads of stuff on tranny coolers, fans, thermostats, temp gauges and it is all easily accessible using the search button, with regards to the ecu i would suggest before you buy anything to speak to Ryan G first, he has mapped a lot of autos and has some pretty compelling views on auto box ecu selection.

thanks mate great advice!