Supra Quad Duplex

supraspeed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the problem i have with this is the engine, ie its a straight 6, if we substituted the word "straight" for "V" yes we would all drive round with twin pipes (one for each bank of the "V";)) but anyone who even knows how to spell Supra will know this is chaved up nonsense as soon as they look at the car :(

the problem i have with this is the engine, ie its a straight 6, if we substituted the word "straight" for "V" yes we would all drive round with twin pipes (one for each bank of the "V";)) but anyone who even knows how to spell Supra will know this is chaved up nonsense as soon as they look at the car :(

E46 M3 is a straight 6 and has quad pipes.

E46 M3 is a straight 6 and has quad pipes.

yes but that will be because the people who buy M3's wouldn't know what a straight, V, back-to-front, upside down engine layout means (or care), they just know four pipes is miles faster than one so thats what Mr BMW gives them

Well if thinking that twin pipes on a Supra is 'chav' then I must be one as I think that this system looks fantastic and aesthetically pleasing. It looks totally balanced.

Also, the Aristo which used the 2JZ-GTE before the Supra, has a twin exit system as stock, so it's not just for people that buy M3's!

At the end of the day, if you want a quad system or a twin exit system then go for it, just make sure that it's done properly as mentioned earlier. You don't want any accidents with the fuel tank!

Well if thinking that twin pipes on a Supra is 'chav' then I must be one as I think that this system looks fantastic and aesthetically pleasing. It looks totally balanced.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/twinpipe.jpg

Also, the Aristo which used the 2JZ-GTE before the Supra, has a twin exit system as stock, so it's not just for people that buy M3's!

At the end of the day, if you want a quad system or a twin exit system then go for it, just make sure that it's done properly as mentioned earlier. You don't want any accidents with the fuel tank!

Agree - does look really good if done well.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/twinpipe.jpg

Yes that particular job was excellent (if lacking ground clearance)...but for some reason I don't expect something of a similar standard...happy to be proved wrong though.

yes but that will be because the people who buy M3's wouldn't know what a straight, V, back-to-front, upside down engine layout means (or care), they just know four pipes is miles faster than one so thats what Mr BMW gives them

I think you are wrong, I think M drivers know exactly what is under the bonnet, and I think that the quad pipe on the E46 looks miles better than the twin on the E36 and I think you are giving this guy a hard time without knowing how much of a quality job he will do, I wouldn't do it personally, but then I wouldn't put AMG brakes on my car either.

I think you are wrong, I think M drivers know exactly what is under the bonnet, and I think that the quad pipe on the E46 looks miles better than the twin on the E36 and I think you are giving this guy a hard time without knowing how much of a quality job he will do, I wouldn't do it personally, but then I wouldn't put AMG brakes on my car either.

I wouldnt do it to my car either .

I think the comment about M drivers not knowing if their engine is a V6 or straight 6 is a bit of a sweeping one.

Wasn't this photo exposed as photoshopped a while back ?

No idea if it has or not. It was posted earlier in the thread and I was commenting on the fact I must be a chav as I think it looks fantastic and twin/quad pipes are apparently chav.

No idea if it has or not. It was posted earlier in the thread and I was commenting on the fact I must be a chav as I think it looks fantastic and twin/quad pipes are apparently chav.

I'm not getting into the chav argument, although I think twin pipes would look good personally if they could be done similar to the picture....however, I seem to remember that picture was posted ages ago and the consensus was that it was actually faked.

Edit....

My memory not quite accurate...Jamie P posted the pic in a 'twin exhaust' thread back in 2006. Then it cropped up again later that year in this thread..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=88693&highlight=twin+pipes

In which there was a shopped pic of a twin exhaust on a blue Supra...dont know if the red one is real or not.

Edited by Ewen (see edit history)

I imagine it's real seeing as the right one sits irritatingly higher than the left one.

If it was four round pipes of about 2" each, two on each side next to each other in the same place as that photo shows, it'd probably be a good look. If it was four pipes of the same size as that photo, it'd look ghastly.

-Ian

just because most here dont like the idea should not put you off doing it if you really want too.

just paint a mental picture and tell the exhaust guys how you want it done, pay them and take some photos, and watch (hopefully) some positive remarks pop up here.

im like jim carey " a YES man ".

go for it its your vision.

its doable alright.