The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lake District meet-up/tour - 12th June 2005

AJI

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aron a good day and well organised. Cheers! It was good seeing some of the guys again and their cars.

Stand out car for me had to be the red 'trail' supra...you know who u r! ;)

Martin not a problem and glad to be of help.

As to video I'll try and get something up for next weekend and send the whole glorious lot to you Aron for editing!

Hope to see you all again! :)

Red 'trail' Supra?

Ah... you mean the one that looked like it had just completed the Paris-Dakar and come straight to the Lakes after!!?? :D

You mean "Animal's" car? That had some serious amount of earth attatched to it.

Funny watching him in my mirrors because on every junction and corner when I could see him he was attempting to get the back end out. Quite a hard thing to do properly when your car doesn't have an LSD but he was giving it large all the same.

Stand out car for me had to be the red 'trail' supra...you know who u r! ;)

It's even worse now, the farmer's excavating one of his fields. My road is now 2" deep in mud - just slid nearly 90 degrees, full opp lock, for about 20 yards down the road! Anyone know if I can get a good set of knobblies for the rear end?

Full Revs

Animal

It's even worse now, the farmer's excavating one of his fields. My road is now 2" deep in mud - just slid nearly 90 degrees, full opp lock, for about 20 yards down the road! Anyone know if I can get a good set of knobblies for the rear end?

Full Revs

Animal

U taking up drifting mate ;)

What a spot on trip home!! A bit of flying on Friday and some low level flying on Sunday

Thanks for organising a great day Aron :D

Well worth the 360 mile drive home just for that. Some fun moments on Hartside, and on the A66 when we hit those roadworks and it looked like Aron's brother was going to park his CRX in my boot :scare:

Anyone that says the Supe doesnt handle well in the twisties should try following Aron up Hartside I wasn't hanging around but he left me standing. And as others have said my god it was slippery, dry stone walls and several hundred foot drops concentrate the mind a bit.

Thanks again and see you all again soon

Steve

All you guys now have my mobile number (on the front of those route cards).... if you're up in the area just drop me a text if you want to go for a drive out.

If there is enough interest; there is plenty of summer weeks left to organise another meet-up/drive in 2005.

All you guys now have my mobile number (on the front of those route cards).... if you're up in the area just drop me a text if you want to go for a drive out.

If there is enough interest; there is plenty of summer weeks left to organise another meet-up/drive in 2005.

I would definately be interested...count me in! :)

Oh yeah, I am up for round 3 ;)

14th August is the next date without a big event (just Donny South).

Gaz.

Thanx to Aron for a well organised meet, will defanitly be up for another one, so count us in...

Never mind the Supra's, did anyone else witness the front wheel drive Corsa doing a 360 at the round about leaving the Pub? Took his no if anyone wants to go for lessons....

The photos look great, i would want a video of the day, if there is one going. See you at the next meet.

Guest BadBoy52

Hi. had a good day with you all thank for makeing me and kim feel wellcome,will try to work out how to put some pics on. Computer all new to me so any help would be apprecated.Could John with the silver supra could send me details about his knew lights would be eternaly greatfull. All the best John

Thanx to Aron for a well organised meet, will defanitly be up for another one, so count us in...

Never mind the Supra's, did anyone else witness the front wheel drive Corsa doing a 360 at the round about leaving the Pub? Took his no if anyone wants to go for lessons....

The photos look great, i would want a video of the day, if there is one going. See you at the next meet.

Leon,

you mean the 1 with the young lad who looked like he shat himself, as I got closer !! What a loser, bet his mummy never saw those brown pants :limp: