The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I can't belive it... someones bashed my car AGAIN !!!!!!!

ManwithSupra

I'm with you on this one. The Police are a complete waste of space.

We had Charlotte's car broken into a while back and they wouldn't even come out to look at it - they asked that we don't touch the car (leave the window smashed and open the elements all night) and they 'might' get someone over the next day.

A gigantic waste of time and money in my opinion - we work hard to pay their wages and this is the service we get :thumbs:

..and I don't particularly blame Gordon Brown (before you all start jumping on the 'chav-Britain' bandwagon) I basically think most Police folk are retarded, and the whole operation is a badly managed waste of time.

Now if they made their money from patronising people, I think that could be a very good business model for them - it's all they seem to be good at.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on this one. The Police are a complete waste of space.

We had Charlotte's car broken into a while back and they wouldn't even come out to look at it - they asked that we don't touch the car (leave the window smashed and open the elements all night) and they 'might' get someone over the next day.

A gigantic waste of time and money in my opinion - we work hard to pay their wages and this is the service we get :thumbs:

..and I don't particularly blame Gordon Brown (before you all start jumping on the 'chav-Britain' bandwagon) I basically think most Police folk are retarded, and the whole operation is a badly managed waste of time.

Now if they made their money from patronising people, I think that could be a very good business model for them - it's all they seem to be good at.

Exactly mate!

I may ask for the money i have paid in council tax to the police to be refunded as they dont seem to benefit me in anyway.

I know it wont happen but at least i would feel a bit better.

That stinks!! :Pling: Don't let it go. Can you not get CCTV footage off the car park company yourself? They may have recoreded over it by now so you'd have to shift quick.

Really gutted for you, looks like they were driving a tank with that 'tap'!!!

Lx

Yeah have already tried to get the footage only to be told only the police can ask for it - which is pointless.

By now it would probably been recorded over so i probably have nothing to go on now anyway :(

You will be able to obtain the footage by law, using the data protection act.

You do have to write, and you do have to pay a small fee - look into it(google it).. so long as you are being filmed or photoed in the UK by anyone or anything you are legally entitled to view yourself back *BY LAW*

You will be able to see the car that ran into you - however they MAY blank the offenders plate, if they do at least you know the incident occoured and that will determine if you could have potentially seen the offenders plate.

If you COULD HAVE see the offenders plate(if it wasnt blanked) you can then go to the police with evidence of a crime. And they will request a copy of the cctv footage unedited.(enabling you to see the plate)

PS>You can ask the people how long they keep footage for... worthwhile finding that out before writing the idea off.

Well i have had a letter from the police saying that my "incident" has not met the criteria for them to investigate and so there will be no attempt to recover the CCTV footage from the car park and that the matter is now closed :(

I am so sorry to hear about your car, I would be absolutely livid to be told that by the police. Please speak to a lawyer ASAP they may be able to get the CCTV footage or at least prevent it being deleted and it is possible you could claim back the cost of a Lawyer from your insurance if you have legal cover included?

You could always go down to your local Police Station and ask to speak to someone about it. You could then put your views forward and ask whart 'criteria' it is that they look for in such instances to determine whether they will persue it further. You are a victim of a crime and you demand to have justice. Unfortunately, it seems that to get anything done these days you have to do all the messing about yourself! I'm sure if you keep pestering them they'll give in and at least try to do something about it.

You will be able to obtain the footage by law, using the data protection act.

You do have to write, and you do have to pay a small fee - look into it(google it).. so long as you are being filmed or photoed in the UK by anyone or anything you are legally entitled to view yourself back *BY LAW*

Seems weird that the Data Protection Act would allow such things since it relates to 'data protection'. The Freedom of Information Act might be worth reading though.

You could always go down to your local Police Station and ask to speak to someone about it. You could then put your views forward and ask whart 'criteria' it is that they look for in such instances to determine whether they will persue it further. You are a victim of a crime and you demand to have justice. Unfortunately, it seems that to get anything done these days you have to do all the messing about yourself! I'm sure if you keep pestering them they'll give in and at least try to do something about it.

A very good suggesiton imo. Can't do any harm if you are relaxed and polite.

Seems weird that the Data Protection Act would allow such things since it relates to 'data protection'. The Freedom of Information Act might be worth reading though.

A very good suggesiton imo. Can't do any harm if you are relaxed and polite.

Yes sorry for being so vague.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/ico_cctv_consultation_draft_final.pdf

It is the data protection act, and see Page 12 :D