The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I can't belive it... someones bashed my car AGAIN !!!!!!!

ManwithSupra

Really feel for you mate ... I once bought a new Alfa 156 and spent just over £30k getting it modded ... the VERY first time I parked it on a road, some tw#t reversed into it and then drove away. Whole thing was caught on cctv but couldn't see his number plate ... just saw hime stop, get out look around and drive off. Cost me £1k to fix to avoid losing NCB etc etc.

Get a piece of wood, tie a rope around it, and beat it with your fists until you draw blood. Then you'll be less likely to take it out on some innocent person later.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really feel for you mate ... I once bought a new Alfa 156 and spent just over £30k getting it modded ... the VERY first time I parked it on a road, some tw#t reversed into it and then drove away. Whole thing was caught on cctv but couldn't see his number plate ... just saw hime stop, get out look around and drive off.

Grrrr. Every time I read this type of thing it really makes me angry. As I said before, I'd love to come face to face with those who do this and ask them "why". What possesses these slopey-shouldered, selfish people to take a look at the damage and think, "naaah, I think I'll just drive off"? (rhetorical question). I know it's "only a car" (to quote others), but I really think lack of respect for other people's property is the cause of many of the problems in today's society.

I could not do something like that and drive off...

Agreed. Whilst there is an ounce of decency left in me, I could not do that.

Just got back from the police station and they said its going to be handled by the Transport police and is being treated as "leaving the scene of an accident" offence which they said is serious.

They are going to look at the CCTV footage and see what they can do.. in the meantime the car is going to need to be repaired, so my insurance company have taken the crime ref number and are going to liase with the police to see if they can catch the person responsible.

They are listing the claim as a Non-fault accident but the claim will go through as normal against my insurance, they said if they are unsuccessful with finding the person then they said i will lose my NCB (only had 3 years so unprotected) but the insurance should not be effected too much, although i will still have to pay my excess :(

If they find the person and can recover the costs through his insurance then my NCB will be reinstated and my excess refunded....

But i am not holding my breath :(

Daytime pic...

attachment.php?attachmentid=84491&d=1227278437

DSC04609.JPG

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

They are listing the claim as a Non-fault accident but the claim will go through as normal against my insurance, they said if they are unsuccessful with finding the person then they said i will lose my NCB (only had 3 years so unprotected) but the insurance should not be effected too much, although i will still have to pay my excess :(

If they find the person and can recover the costs through his insurance then my NCB will be reinstated and my excess refunded....

Aren't you repairing it a bit too quick by going through insurance and thus as you say lose your NCB?

What's your excess and did you look for a good local bodyshop for a quote?

Yeah i had similar damage to the car (same side) which was done by someone before and they owned up to it, the quotes i got then were between £1k - 1.2k to repair, i went for one in the middle and it was a great job you would never be able to tell.

I have not got the money at this time to repair it out of my own pocket this end of the year, even if i could repair it myself then there would be no chance of me getting the money back if the person who did this does get found...

Put it this way i would rather lose my excess of £150 and pay a little more on insurance then lose over £1000.

The insurance co said that my insurance should not go up to much due to the circumstances (no evidence that i was in the wrong bad as car was stationary no bad driver record etc, etc) and there is a "chance" they will be able to settle the claim with the other insurance company if the guy is found...

There should be a very good chance they have it on camera, there was one pointing directly at my car and the exit of the car park so either way they should defo get the reg number... even if he is not insured at least i know he will be prosecuted by the police and possible for it not to happen to someone else.

It’s a bit of a gamble but either way i do this i am probably going to be out of pocket but it just depends how much :(

Edited by ManwithSupra
Spelling (see edit history)

Yeah i got 1 quote which was around £600 but to be honest they did not offer a warranty on their work and the place was pretty dodgy.

All the other prices were around £1k+ and i went to 8 garages.

I took mine to a body shop in Gosport - let me know if you want the number and I'll dig it out.

Sorry to hear about this, It's a long shot as the dent looks quite deep, but is it worth trying the hot and cold treatment on it ? Get a hairdryer on max hot onto it for about 5 mins all over the dent then immediately spray some pipe freezer spray onto it all and leave it to evaporate. If it pops out it's just a paint job afterwards which will save you quite a bit. (tbh it's a long shot as looks like quite a bad un but might work) physics is cool sometimes :cool: hope you get it sorted and it doesn't cost too much :(

best regards,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have had a letter from the police saying that my "incident" has not met the criteria for them to investigate and so there will be no attempt to recover the CCTV footage from the car park and that the matter is now closed :(

I am not happy, some delinquent fool out there has got away with damaging my property and made me hundreds of pounds out pocket because of it and will now get away with it...

I am a law abiding person i pay my council tax, i pay my road tax, i pay my insurance and have a full clean driving licence, why does it seem that police try and protect the criminals in this country.... ok I know it’s not “serious” incident but I have still been the victim of a crime and the police just say “nah we can’t be bothered” I mean WHAT !! there is evidence right there !!!

I mean that’s just awful I mean what a dump this country has turned into where police can see evidence staring at them in the face and then say “nah”

I should of said that there is evidence that the person broke the speed limit after hitting my car then perhaps they would have been bothered to try and find out who it was.