The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you work on your supra .

Matt _Aero top_

It's a bit of a palaver for me, I use the stock jack to raise the car an inch so I can get a 2 ton trolley jack under (must buy a low level one!), then lift it as high as it's safe and stick either 2 or 4 axle stands under whichever end is being raised, dependant on how much force is needed to shift whichever bolt it is that's being removed.

Managed to do a single conversion and completely rebuild a supra like this. However it'd have been far easier with a proper garage/pit/4 post lift!

I normally place two bricks per tyre on the grond, Then drive the car onto them, That way I can get the clearence to just about squeeze the jack under.

But Im also very lucky to have a few of my best mates that work in a garage monday to sat, So sat afternoons if its not too busy we get the two poster and MOT ramps to our selfs, Or all day sunday. My cars cleaner underneath than on top :blink:

I hate having to jack the car up. I usually find driving the wheels onto a 2" thick planks of wood first helps so i can get the trolley jack underneath. It's not nice jacking up one corner at a time on the supra as the chassis is so stiff compare to a normal car that all of a sudden the you get the wheels that are on he ground quickly skipping themselves across the ground. Ramps are a nightmare as you need someone to see you on and i always think im gonna drive over the end of them