The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final pics from GVN.....

Suprash

Hey Ash,

Ridox is my fav kit otherwise, the stock look is my thing.

However, without giving you a virtual kicking on here about the rear end, have you thought what a TRD wing would do to box the back end up a little more ? Maybe the rear bumper will not look as bad ???

Just a thought....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ash,

Ridox is my fav kit otherwise, the stock look is my thing.

However, without giving you a virtual kicking on here about the rear end, have you thought what a TRD wing would do to box the back end up a little more ? Maybe the rear bumper will not look as bad ???

Just a thought....

I dont know mate, thats the thing, I think if someone could photoshop a TRD wing onto the car so I could see. I didnt want a different then stock rear wing, in fact the whole car I have tried to keep a stock look, so Im not sure why I fancied the lary rear end, but reading everyones comments, Im not going to go trial to just please the masses and I am building a car thats my personal choice, but Im not just convinced myself, it needs fettling more I just havent figured out what....

Lovelly car mate:),

Untill you get to the rear it totally spoils it!

The bumper and dodgy light covers ruin it:(

Only my opinion though,everyone to their own;)

Totally ;), thats why the rear light covers ARE STAYING lol.........I love them. I'll keep saying it if I have to lol :D

thunder...thunder...thunder.....thundercats rooaaaaaaaaaaarrrr!!!!

i know what it is about the rear i dislike, the spoiler's lines are to soft for the bumper. i may like the rear a bit more if maybe a more angular spoiler was put in place.

Like what one ? I have never been a fan of aftermarket spoilers, much preffered the stock look.

Its amazing how many people dont know what thats all about. Especially the younger generation, they say "whats those stickers all about?", Ha, kids today havent lived......lol :D

True but you should get a 24 hour ban for that bumper ;)

It just needs to sit lower at the back IMO, it's still not my cup of tea but the way it sits so high is a major factor in why I don't like it.

Ha, I'll take that.....;)

Yeah as I said 'if' I did decide to stick with it for a while then I would look at getting a custom carbon firbre tray/diffuser made to try and fill the bottom out more. Its just the shape I have been thinking about, and how it would go?

Hi Ash, think the engine bay is stunning and really like the side skirts.

The Ridox front end is nice, but I prefer it with the expensive carbon lip:blink:sorry more money needed:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I agree with the majority and can't get my head round that rear end. It is the diffuser part, it starts to high and doesn't go down to the ground enough. The fins seem very thick as well to me.

I am not sure a carbon diffuser will help.

You could go down the stock with a Top Secret diffuser, that's still rare as and certainly different, but would blend with the car better, especially if you could go the extra for the front carbon as well.

Just on the trial rear, if you like it then go for it, I have only seen a couple around the different shows and meets.

If they are a bit more common then that is because people like them, but it comes down to what you like and it doesn't sound like you really like that rear.

You could put some draws in the back between the fins for your tools:p

Give it few weeks and see how you feel then, but from your posts here I don't think you will ever be 100% happy with that rear.

Hi Ash, think the engine bay is stunning and really like the side skirts.

The Ridox front end is nice, but I prefer it with the expensive carbon lip:blink:sorry more money needed:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I agree with the majority and can't get my head round that rear end. It is the diffuser part, it starts to high and doesn't go down to the ground enough. The fins seem very thick as well to me.

I am not sure a carbon diffuser will help.

You could go down the stock with a Top Secret diffuser, that's still rare as and certainly different, but would blend with the car better, especially if you could go the extra for the front carbon as well.

Just on the trial rear, if you like it then go for it, I have only seen a couple around the different shows and meets.

If they are a bit more common then that is because people like them, but it comes down to what you like and it doesn't sound like you really like that rear.

You could put some draws in the back between the fins for your tools:p

Give it few weeks and see how you feel then, but from your posts here I don't think you will ever be 100% happy with that rear.

Storage space, now there is an idea, draws with an 25 piece tool set, nice :D