The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a supra turbo

Guest wantedsupra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wantedsupra
Sounds like another Calibra owner coming on here to talk about how well their car performs.Whoop de do. You obviously dont want an NA if you're interested in low 0-60 and top end speeds. :rolleyes:

wow put your dummy back in, i was only asking. Dont reply if you dont want.

Guest wantedsupra
i bet the calibra turbo is quick yes, but i carnt see it touching the supra, the torque of the supra will just pull away from the calibra no problem, on an open road it would bye-bye vauxhall, and if it was a bpu supra you were up against then i wouldint even bother, youd just look a fool.:tongue:

dont be to sure

Why buy a car based on it's 0-60 and top end? Save up and buy a Veyron if you want something to impress your mates! These figures are meaningless anyway, all done in a factory somewhere away from real-life performance statistics!

Buy a car because you want that car, because you like how it looks, how it feels to drive, because it's suitable for you and your situation, not because it's faster than your mate's.

Keep the calibra, sounds like you're happy with it anyway! Just give it a bigger turbo or Nos or something.

Hi mate and welcome. Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from? If you're serious about getting one, I'll take you for a spin in mine if you want. Mine is a manual single though, so it's quite a bit different from what you're looking for. I'm based in York by the way. My house mate has an auto twin turbo and i'm sure he wouldn't mind taking you out in his. His is BPU'd (quite a bit faster than standard)

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraGZaerotop

i bet the calibra turbo is quick yes, but i carnt see it touching the supra, the torque of the supra will just pull away from the calibra no problem, on an open road it would bye-bye vauxhall, and if it was a bpu supra you were up against then i wouldint even bother, youd just look a fool.

dont be to sure

:rlol:uh mate.. my supra n/a has just gone into the garage recently to get its TT Conversion with BPU, greddy intercooler, hard pipe kit, hks dump valve, boost control...etc and will be running 400bhp,running into atleast the 4sec mark 0-60, and i will be happy with a top speed of 170 -180mph,anytime you feel like having a go at me bring your little calibra and a camara to take a picture, cos that will be the last time you see my car when i leave you sitting there :wave:with your mouth wide open:d

I don't really know alot about these cars, but apparently they can be really fast:

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=98858

Oh come on, it's a bloody vauxhall! They must have pumped alot of wasted money into that car to get it to that stage! What's the point?!

They are not reliable, like to eat cambelt's and drive like a bag of s***

Why not have a Supra, it's not as expensive to get it to that stage and further if funds allow...reliability is the key and that is one of the Supra's strong points...:D ;)

Oh come on, it's a bloody vauxhall! They must have pumped alot of wasted money into that car to get it to that stage! What's the point?!

They are not reliable, like to eat cambelt's and drive like a bag of s***

Why not have a Supra, it's not as expensive to get it to that stage and further if funds allow...reliability is the key and that is one of the Supra's strong points...:D ;)

i agree 100%, scrap the vauxhall get the supra and live happy ever after.:cool: