The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So here I go again.

SUPRALOOPY

could do the side the same as this maybe? :)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h174/TDRAPER7/img0012scn9.jpg

Nahhhhhhh I've been there:rolleyes: I need to be able to keep it mint IE just take it off and sort it. Blending is a bad idea (as I found out) if something happens its alot of work to put right, where as if its all stock you can take it off and sort with minimal cost and agro;)

Learn by your mistakes (I have)

Dave:eyebrows:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have pulled the lights apart and I'm thinking on going different. As the lights have benn destroyed putting angel eyes in I'll have to keep the angel eyes:rolleyes:

Soooooo I thought I'll colour code the background and tint the angel eyes so they are not so gerish and in ya face, so you end up with a silver background with black tinted rings. I would like input on the lights as they apart and I can do whatever I want with them:eyebrows:

I have also been collecting bits to put on the car as it gets done.

So what do you think ????

Dave:)

15042009415.jpg

15042009416.jpg

Ok I have pulled the lights apart and I'm thinking on going different. As the lights have benn destroyed putting angel eyes in I'll have to keep the angel eyes:rolleyes:

Soooooo I thought I'll colour code the background and tint the angel eyes so they are not so gerish and in ya face, so you end up with a silver background with black tinted rings. I would like input on the lights as they apart and I can do whatever I want with them:eyebrows:

I have also been collecting bits to put on the car as it gets done.

So what do think ????

I am a sucker for shiny stuff, looking like it will be a nice car when finished Dave, cant wait to see it

Right I have sprayed the backs gunmetal as thats what colour I'm doing the wheels.

I have brought the lenses back to life (looks like glass)

I have tinted the angel eyes so they look black in daylight and are not so bright at night.

I'm toying with doing the old side light bits satin black and also doing the main beam surround satin black too, What do you think?

I have taken pics of the light placed together not finished as I'm not sure what I'm going to do:rolleyes:

16042009417.jpg

16042009418.jpg

16042009427.jpg

16042009428.jpg

16042009429.jpg

16042009430.jpg

16042009431.jpg

16042009432.jpg

16042009433.jpg

16042009435.jpg

Right I have sprayed the backs gunmetal as thats what colour I'm doing the wheels.

I have brought the lenses back to life (looks like glass)

I have tinted the angel eyes so they look black in daylight and are not so bright at night.

I'm toying with doing the old side light bits satin black and also doing the main beam surround satin black too, What do you think?

I have taken pics of the light placed together not finished as I'm not sure what I'm going to do:rolleyes:

That's looking good Dave :)

I wish I'd done that in the first place. Which gunmetal paint did you use?

What did you use to clean the lens up on the lights, and what method as they have come up like new...!

800/1200/1500/3000 grit w&d, soapy water, machine polish with g6/g3/finesse and finish with plastX. A bit ott I know but it works. Oh and plastX on the inside and buffed with soft mutton and then microfibre cloth.

Dave;)

How much u chargin for refurb lights bud, ive got a set of faceliftw that are yellow and the chrome rings have bubbled bad.. Ideally ide like em refurbed back to stock look..

Well Stock is out due to the chrome rings being knackered, I have not found a chrome paint that is any good.

As for price I have not really thought about it as that is gzaerojohn's field and I don't poach other peoples work.