The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant beleive it!

Supra ST Myster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the policeman said that if there was any probs that the insurance wont payout then he will give a statement, its pretty rock solid to be honest, the guy was trying to say that my wheel was turn out, but look how close i am to the pavement, also the policeman said it doesnt matter even it was!

Given "He's only third party and he had a crappy fiesta" and what you've written above re the copper, i would 100% contact his insurance company (stating the copper will make a statement let them know the PC's name and number if you have it) stating you will be claiming against them, and see what they say.

Even 2nd hand there looks to be a fair few £'s of parts required let alone any labour? I don't personally think you'll get 100% from him even for this economical repair route....:(

I think there may be an obligation to inform your insurance company............it may be worth asking them for advice.........

there are l think lots of companies like the one in the link below

http://www.impactassist.co.uk/faq.html#7

they may be able to do all the leg work and get you a replacement vehicle in the meantime.

I've no direct experience of this practically and i'm no expert it just seems to me that with your police witness the third party's insurers are less likely to stall and be a pain, but a few calls should help clarify this..........

Have you checked the 3rd party's reg on askmid.co.uk?

I hope it goes smoothly. Just get and insurance claim registered the price is only going to rocket up as the repairs commence.

In a situation like this would it be advisable to use a 3rd party claims company like the one you work (or worked) for?

In a situation like this would it be advisable to use a 3rd party claims company like the one you work (or worked) for?

I dont work for one and never have. Just use them as i dealt with accidents on a daily basis.

If this had happened to me i would use an accident management company yes.

However, after a certain period of time, if the 3rd party doesnt register a claim, (and i dont think he will) you would have to claim comp. anyway.

At least there would be a car supplied until the car was repaired or paid out for.

can a other party insurance company write off your car?

My understanding of this from previous posts here is that they can only write the car off if it is dangeuous to do so.

That said my last one was written off due to the cost alone (though I didn't push it). Car value was £1400, the repair would have come to £4k. But as it was only a BMW estate I just accepted the cash.

ok, think i will go the insurance route, who would you use as a accident management company? help hire a company? the police checked and the guy does have third party fire and theft on that car, so thats good news

can a other party insurance company write off your car?

Help hire is one but i dont find them very officient.

Accident exchange generally off good replacement cars but im not a massive fan of there's. There too big so you lose personal service.

Then there is britannia IMO they are the best but i cant imagine the replacement car would be too fab.

What you want to achieve is either credit repair or claiming direct from the 3rd party.

I would suggest choosing the bodyshop you want to use and getting them to recover your car there. (the insurance will pay for this) Then asking who they would recommend. If the car is repairable the main thing is getting it repaired right.

My understanding of this from previous posts here is that they can only write the car off if it is dangeuous to do so.

That said my last one was written off due to the cost alone (though I didn't push it). Car value was £1400, the repair would have come to £4k. But as it was only a BMW estate I just accepted the cash.

I have never had an insurance company pay out more than a value of a car just because the insured wants it back. Fault or non fault.

will speak to insurance and discuss options,

as the alloys is knackerd, do they say to you get a new set or, do they replace that wheel, what happens if you can get that wheel anymore?

If they cannot get the alloys anymore then a new set of similar wheels would be required.

if you go to one of those companies pig just said, do you still tell your insurance company and say to them they will sort it? are they alright with that?

You would inform the insurance of the claim either when you are informed by the accident mgmt company that you have to claim on your own policy or after the event.

I would strongly suggest either an accident mgmt company or claiming directly through the 3rd party's policy.

Emin have a look on honest john and similar sites, there is often conflicting info but in a case like yours (rock solid third party at fault?) i think you can hold out for the car to be repaired....

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=62817

This is correct. If its a write off, you will need to write to the other guy directly and sue him for damages to the cost of fully repairing the car. His insurers will have to pick this up and pay on his behalf.

Emin, is that my oold Bomex you nearly wrecked there lol.......didnt know you had it on already, thats was quick.....

Sorry to hear about your car though dude, hope it all gets sorted in the end....;)

If you need some new wheels remember I still have lots of wheels lying around ;) lol

Emin, is that my oold Bomex you nearly wrecked there lol.......didnt know you had it on already, thats was quick.....

Sorry to hear about your car though dude, hope it all gets sorted in the end....;)

If you need some new wheels remember I still have lots of wheels lying around ;) lol

Yeah its the one i bought off you, had it done and fitted in about 2weeks! Def let you know about the wheels mate! cheers

Think i am going to go down the managment company route, prob easiest way.

How do they get a car with 3 wheels on a truck anyway??

Well just an update, decide to go through a 3rd party management company, they have sorted all the details and confirmed the bloke is insured ect. So i will be getting a bmw 3 series coupe 2.5i petrol manual as a courtesy car (which i thought is a result), and now have to wait for his insurance company to send an engineer out to inspect damage, if they write it off, then i am going to buy it back and fix it up as have already sourced all the replacement parts,

I take it you can always buy a car back if its a write off because it will cost too much to repair?

I always thought it was only your insurance company who could write a car off due to costs and if it was claimed agains someone elses policy they had to pay out.

:yeahthat:

But it wouldn't suprise me if they tried to give you the run-around. It's just what insurance companies do!

strange that, as thats not what my insurance company said to me, they said that the other company can write it off? Anyone confirm this?

It's in both insurance company's interest to write it off, as it costs less and causes less work. If you go with the write off, you will still have to fight to get a reasonable payout, as the offer will be low, and you'll have lost your car and be financially worse off through NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN.

Your car has minor damage and it can be repaired back to its former glory, how much that costs is not your problem as the accident was caused by the other drivers negligence. Your accident management company should be fighting for you to have it fully repaired. If they want you to write it off, bin them and do it yourself, as I posted above, and the thread on HonestJohn.

sorry to see this mate, tbh id have had the ambulance there ready to take him off cause id have ripped his arm off see how he liked it, tbh id go threw the insurance but wouldent buy it back, as that impact must have bent the chassis, looking at those arms its taken a right old smack, get the insurance to buy it then get a tt lol.