The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant beleive it!

Supra ST Myster

no, theres no damage to the chassis, just bent the arms, had a good look there, so it is repairable!

well will first see what they say when come to inspect to tell me whether it is or is not, as long as i can buy it back im not too worried what i get for it as long as it covers all the new bits,

for the record, how much do you think a 97 facelift na would be worth to hold out for?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, theres no damage to the chassis, just bent the arms, had a good look there, so it is repairable!

well will first see what they say when come to inspect to tell me whether it is or is not, as long as i can buy it back im not too worried what i get for it as long as it covers all the new bits,

for the record, how much do you think a 97 facelift na would be worth to hold out for?

5k I would say

Ok, I'll say it one more time, if you buy it back it will still be a write-off and recorded as such. If you plan to run it into the ground its not a problem, who knows, maybe you'll get a cheque and have some left over.

If you claim off the driver, you'll have all the exact same repair work done, without the car being written off. Its YOUR car, its your choice whether to have it written off or not, not the insurers.

you dont need to buy it back or anything tlike that.

His insurance is paying... you can have the car put back to the standard it was in before it was crashed into.

dont accept any fobbing off and tell them what you want. It is his fault he hit you and his insurance company have an obligation to honour his accident. dont pay any excess if your insurance company ask for it... again its not your fault.

I cant say I have ever used any sort of third party to sort out my claims. Its very straight forward and remember you are paying them to sort it out....

Parked the supra on the road to pop in a mates, talking to him outside and smash, turn round, $#@! has hit my wheel, and hes gone down the road 100metres and pulled up, called the police as he was speeding and there was a bike involved, we think they were racing but he says he was trying to avoid the bike and you can see how long it took to stop!

My car was parked all fine and legal so no problems there!

Wheel is knackerd, top and bottom wish bones are bent, steering rack has been ripped off from the chassis and is leaking a bit, and hub has been broken off so it just flops around!

On the suspension arm is bent.

Bumper has a slight scuff and wing has a small dent, not too bad

He's only third party and he had a crappy fiesta so i reckon that they will write my car off to be honest as its onle a facelift N/A so is it best to ring him first and say give me x amount and doesnt have to go through insurance, as know point him going to insurance as only third party, and if i do it they will only write it off??

thoughts?

Oh no! I hope you get everything sorted out!

I always thought it was only your insurance company who could write a car off due to costs and if it was claimed agains someone elses policy they had to pay out.

strange that, as thats not what my insurance company said to me, they said that the other company can write it off? Anyone confirm this?

The independant engineer can write the vehilce off. They are aloud to repair up to the value of the car less the salvage.

I know nothing about buying a car back and know nothing about forcing the 3rd party insurance to pay more than the car is worth to fix it.

The independant engineer can write the vehilce off. They are aloud to repair up to the value of the car less the salvage.

I know nothing about buying a car back and know nothing about forcing the 3rd party insurance to pay more than the car is worth to fix it.

that is exactly how i see it, which is why i know they will write it off. Im not worried about about it being know as written off as i cant see me needing to sell this for a long time, So as long as i can buy it back, it should be ok.

I'd completely kick off if they wanted to write it off. For one, I wouldn't care how much it cost to repair, it's your pride and joy and without it you have no car, and you don't want or need the hassle of going out to view and buy other cars when that one CAN be repaired (it's not like it rolled and smashed up the chassis, it's a few suspension components which are easy to replace) Secondly, it's not even your fault, someone else hit you, so this is inconvenient for you, it will take up your time and effort to sort out and will undoubtedly cause you unnecessary stress. I'd demand it be repaired. Hell, they're going to have to fork out enough money to buy you a new one anyway, may as well repair the one you already have!!

Received my replacement car this morning, not bad at all! They can take their time if they like! :D

Nice interior, petrol 6 speed box, pretty quick also, could certainly get to like this car!

I will kick up a fuss about the repairs if they want to write it off, see how that goes, waiting on hearing from them now to send an engineer out.

party 031.jpg

party 030.jpg

party 032.jpg

party 028.jpg

Edited by Supra ST Myster (see edit history)

I hate to say it, but im loving the bmw, think for the first time in 4years im going off the Supra!! The bmw is just so nice to be in! No rattles, no hard rides, all the fancy electronics ect...

Not actually caring about my supra at the moment while its on the drive all proped up by an axel stand, not even going to chase it as I have this car until I either get it repaired or a settlement cheque, not been contacted yet by them for an engineer to come out to inspect!.