1 x Game cube

1 x Origin B2

1 x 1.2 farad capacitor

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaz,

Most of the work has been done by myself with the obvious help from SlowDog and Graham S...

Needless to say, it was a bigger project than even I expected...

But it does leave me with the car I've always wanted....

I got the Aerotop because that is the shape I had always wanted, I decided I could always change the other bits... turns out I did.....

All in all.. not too bad for an IT bloke who doesn't mind picking up a spanner if I do say so myself..

Gav

hats off to you/slowdog i say.......

.......Tiptronic single VVTi aerotop (is unique i'd have thought?), a massive amount of rewiring work etc that would be uneconomical to most when you can just buy a regular TT and slap a single on it..........but where's the fun in that. :tongue:

Nice one Gav, certainly not just an engine swap, lot of work has went into that.

Cheers gaz, now at least I feel that I have a decent enough car that I can say I built to put those red supra mats in...

PS : I need to order another set at some stage for SupraChick's car..

A manual conversion is being considered.... I just want to see how I like the autobox, altho power is going to be the decider as far as gearbox...

If it can hold the power then it stays, if not then it will be converted..

but where's the fun in that.

Exactly Scooter, that is what I've enjoyed most about the project, the fact that I have been there all the way thru the project and doing a lot of the work... rather than just handing the car into a company and getting it all done and being handed back a finished car...

Exactly Scooter, that is what I've enjoyed most about the project, the fact that I have been there all the way thru the project and doing a lot of the work... rather than just handing the car into a company and getting it all done and being handed back a finished car...

agreed, i spent last bank holiday weekend stripping old MK1 mr2 for spares and can appreciate the amount of effort involved in doing this sort of thing. Stripping is hard enough work and you can cut corners as you know the cars never got to be running or presentable again, must be a lot of added care and pressure when its all got to be put back together again....

......i know a lot of it is experience, having the space and tools, and being methodical etc but still a massive undertaking.....good work.....

"And on jumps SupraChick"...

I can say, with my hand on my heart that this has been a long time coming, but saying that, Ive loved being with Gav every step of the way! Hes now got the woman of his dreams and the car to match! *wink* The support just shown by all on this thread is fantastic...thanks guys!

Mel