The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brighton meet, 24th august

sim

Guest Budz86
I'll put a bit of 2x4 under my accelerator pedal to give you a sporting chance :D

Can't we just weld your brake peddle to the floor? Think that will be much fairer! :p

Shall we say meet at 12 at Sommerfields? Or should we meet earlier as we don't know how long it's on for?

Can't we just weld your brake peddle to the floor? Think that will be much fairer! :p

Shall we say meet at 12 at Sommerfields? Or should we meet earlier as we don't know how long it's on for?

That's fine for me, as I won't be able to stay for too long. I'm off to a barbecue party late afternoon. :)

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

So, 12 at Sommerfields then?

Who else is coming to this? So far I can see Mark, Andy, Ricky if his misfire is sorted and me. Anyone know if supradibbs and jeff2JG are coming? Havn't heard from them in a while. Also tommygun? he did mention he was up for it

So, 12 at Sommerfields then?

Who else is coming to this? So far I can see Mark, Andy, Ricky if his misfire is sorted and me. Anyone know if supradibbs and jeff2JG are coming? Havn't heard from them in a while. Also tommygun? he did mention he was up for it

Yes, I'll be there at 12. :)

Well I should be there all being well, Dick will be coming depending on if his man flu is gone in the morning and if he feels comfortable bringing his car as it's got an intermittent misfire (though was behaving in front of me yesterday!).

I should be at Somerfields around 12, but I warn you I'm usually a bit late :D

Guest Budz86

Unfortunatly I can't make this now as the Supe got done over about 2 hours ago :(

Rear window, front window, rear quarter, spoiler tyres ...f*!#ing nightmare! Will post more info when I get a chance

Unfortunatly I can't make this now as the Supe got done over about 2 hours ago :(

Rear window, front window, rear quarter, spoiler tyres ...f*!#ing nightmare! Will post more info when I get a chance

You what?! Where? Oh crap, so sorry to hear that. Did you call the police etc?

Guest Budz86

It was at my mates house. About 5 mins from mine. Just been up there this morning with the old bill. They have taken photo's, glass samples and statements etc.

Damage is front windscreen, back windscreen, rear quarter drivers side, drivers window, all 4 tyres slashed and baseball bat to the spoiler!

Thing is, it was wrong place at the wrong time! My mates car got done (all wheels and 2 windows plus keyed down 4 pannels) and his dad's Audi A6 estate did too!

Nothing I could have done about it, if I had run out and caught them the fact they had bats wouldn't have stopped me and I'd prob have a real bad headache!

Will be posting all of this with photo's later! All in all, not a good day!

Dean, I'm really sorry you've had that done to your car, and your friend's cars too. :shock:

It does sound more than a random attack, as Dick says, but I do know of previous events like this when I lived in Brighton. A street is targeted and lots of cars get done over. Its horrible to contemplate really. :(

I assume this was in Eastbourne?

I hope you get it sorted soon. Were you meant to be going to JAE?

Guest Budz86
Dean, I'm really sorry you've had that done to your car, and your friend's cars too. :shock:

It does sound more than a random attack, as Dick says, but I do know of previous events like this when I lived in Brighton. A street is targeted and lots of cars get done over. Its horrible to contemplate really. :(

I assume this was in Eastbourne?

I hope you get it sorted soon. Were you meant to be going to JAE?

Yeah it was in E/B, not too far from us. It was more than a random attack but it wasn't targeted at me. Just wrong place wrong time! Good thing is they have 1 in custody (who was 'persuaded' to hand himself in) and names of 2/3 others so fingers crossed!

No I wasn't ment to be going to JAE thank god, but we did have the meet on Sun so kind of glad the weather was crap! Don't know how long it's going to take them to sort it all out but it's a pain in the arse! Will be posting a thread tonight with full details and pics.

Just been doing some numbers and not looking good. Somewhere around £3.5k! Spoiler is £930 on it's own before being painted etc

:(