Supra Aero convert

Guest smith.s2k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smith.s2k

Thats more like it! I have a s2000 at the mo and theres all sorts of horrible noises coming from the engine thats why I wanted a fresh low mileage engine for my supra when I get it but if like you say there easier enough to maintain then job done.

Do you guys think its worth it? Also what would the car be worth?

Thats more like it! I have a s2000 at the mo and theres all sorts of horrible noises coming from the engine thats why I wanted a fresh low mileage engine for my supra when I get it but if like you say there easier enough to maintain then job done.

if you plan on keeping it for a fair while and its what you want, then it will be worth every penny, but if you do the conversion then sell soon after then no not worth it:d financialy you may break even

i'm not sure if jez is still trading on here.... [/Quote]

Er, hello?

and for the work, i'd go with matt @ AFR tuning, he's doing my 6 speed box on my aero, and he's already done a friends N/A to TT conversion

Yeah thanks for that. Are you and Wayne now out to p*ss on my bonfire because I had to threaten legal action for a 13 month old bill to be paid?

Ive been quoted £10k for the gearbox swap and the engine swap. Does that sound alright?

The £10k I quoted you via PM was for a 6 speed VVTI TT conversion as you requested. The VVTI transplant is far more involved than non VVTI. The whole car has to be stripped and the VVTI loom used amongst other things, as it uses fbw throttle, completely different dash loom, facelift dash, VVTI clocks etc....the list was endless.

To be honest I do not think it's worth it.

The aero is floppy as hell and does not make a good track car, all depends on what you want to use it for!

The resale value won't recoup the money you've spent, so just keep it in mind you're thowing money away should you come to sell the car.

Personally I'd just buy a hardtop 6spd TT and have the best base car from the outset

(says he with the aero top :D )

Whether or not it gives you a rough idea, but a genuine TT Aerotop is, so i've been told, worth somewhere around 10k. But these are auto's. So having a manual box will be an added bonus, but not sure what that'd do for resale value? It'd increase the number of people interested, but whether or not they'd pay a huge amount more in the current climate I don't know.

Guest smith.s2k

Like I said I own an S2000 and do love the top down feel in the summer but hate the fact its only got 2 seats. Firstly I love Jap sports cars and the Supra Aero is the only one that fits the bill with rear seats and the Aerotop.

I would buy Jevansio's car and wind the windows down :D

:p lol Not really close to the total cost of this potential project tho, i'd imagine :(

cost i think?

Why not buy a manual TT and run it whilst waiting for a nice/the perfect NA aero transplant car?

10k for a conversion, and 3k for the base car, would be more expensive than getting a tt aero (ahem - see my sig ;) ) and then sticking a 5-speed box in it.

But if it had to be a 6-speed then i suppose the cost either way would be about the same?

Like I said I own an S2000 and do love the top down feel in the summer but hate the fact its only got 2 seats. Firstly I love Jap sports cars and the Supra Aero is the only one that fits the bill with rear seats and the Aerotop.

Bear in mind though, with the roof off the car, all the crap, I mean luggage which was in the boot must go in the rear seats. Thus unless you regularly have nowt in the boot, with the roof off you are pretty much driving a 2 seater.

rear seats for midgets maybe

aerotops are the pinnacle of supras imo. A TT hard top was the same cost as my NA aero.

I thought with roof on the difference in handling between a hard top and aero is hardly noticeable.

Anyway you can always put a rollcage and braces to stengthen the chassis.

Well for me, the aero is the least desirable, but I like good handling more than the bonus of having the roof off (it gives me sunburn anyway :D )

The handling difference between the hardtop and aero is VERY noticeable, roof on or off (especially when it's off). I've driven two TT bpu 6spd aero's (which considering there are only 6-7 known ones in the UK is more than most here ;) ).

As mentioned, it's all about what you want the car for. I won't elaborate further as it might upset some folks :D

10k for a conversion, and 3k for the base car, would be more expensive than getting a tt aero (ahem - see my sig ;) ) and then sticking a 5-speed box in it.

I was comparing the Auto TT aero plus manual (6 speed swap) at £10K + £3K

to

The buying of two supras a Auto NA Aero and Manual TT at say £2,800 + £5,700 + Labour costs - Parts sold = Less than £8,500 if say Miko diy'ed it but for this guy maybe £10.5K

Saying this my way 'may' be cheaper but your car converted would look a whole lot better than a 'plain' silver one..........

Ok cool, So what if it was the earlier TT engine mate?

Stock TT conversion and 6 speed conversion, fitted, should be around £5k. Seperately they come in at £3000 for the 6 speed fitted, and £2750 for the TT fitted.

A facelift 6 speed TT VVTI aerotop would be the holy grail though. :sly:

I have a VVTI TT 6 speed conversion in stock

Well for me, the aero is the least desirable, but I like good handling more than the bonus of having the roof off (it gives me sunburn anyway :D )

The handling difference between the hardtop and aero is VERY noticeable, roof on or off (especially when it's off). I've driven two TT bpu 6spd aero's (which considering there are only 6-7 known ones in the UK is more than most here ;) ).

As mentioned, it's all about what you want the car for. I won't elaborate further as it might upset some folks :D

really? :(

shhh homer :taped:. you are ruining our prestige here. :p