The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of Greddy 4-Row

jevansio

I have just fitted one of these to my car, it is a top piece of kit I must say. All of the brackets make the fitting really easy :) The only thing I did find was, the pipe work from the turbo to the FMIC on mine I couldn't get to fit which ever way I tried it? I thought maybe because it was bought from the States and it fowls the steering rack. Where did you get yours from? I'd be interested to see if you get your pipe work to fit up ok or not. I have ended up using my old pipe work to the FMIC and the Greddy stuff to the throttle.

Yeay I know, test fitting mine now & it's going on easy.

I haven't fitted the turbo to FMIC pipes yet, if they don't fit I'll use my old stuff, when I get the T51R fitted I'm having custom downpipe & midpipe made & my original plan was to get those guys to make new turbo to FMIC pipes anyway, if the Greddy stuff fits that's just a bonus :)

I have some fettish's lol!!! But they typically involve girls...little to no clothing....and of course me!!!

When is the 4 row going on mate?

Trying it now mate, will finish the job this weekend weather permitting :)

Oh bugger, I have the same 4 row xs power intercooler you have and have been kidding myself that my mapping session on Tuesday will be fine because Jay uses one and gets good results etc, looks like I may have to change after all, its the only bit of the old Turbofit stuff left on the car now but it was brand new :rolleyes:

Dean I wouldn't worry, I was getting good results, I only went with the 4-Row in preparation for the T51R.

Mine might be coming up for sale soon so dont worry Supra Si you could have first dibbs on mine

I'm sure we can sort them both out between the two of us :D, my memory getting me into trouble again :D

Looks like a lovely piece of kit. Can you PM me as to how much this cost and the approx size of the package.

Regards

Cheers Imi, sure it's 2 packages, 37 x 19 x 11 inches & 31 x 13 x 8 inches. Got it from boostlogic $1900 + shipping, although that was a private add on Supraforums, I guess it was an ex-display one, they're not much more than that off their site though as they have 20% off them at the mo :)

Got a bit more fitted this afternoon before it started chucking down.

I also weighed them before fitting. For people who are interested the XS Power 100mm core weighed 11kg, the Greddy 132mm core was 13kg, so that's a 2kg increase.

Maybe I'll leave off the front crash bar to offset this, are there any drawbacks in doing this? I realise it may help protect the FMIC/Rad in a low speed impact, but I'm prepared to take that chance, I'm more interested in knowing if removing it is the difference between a life or death scenario?

I removed mine too as the body shop couldn't make it fit with my do-luck bumper. I just had an accident in my car (although not too fast) and the radiator/fmic are fine. The bumper took almost all the impact.... Not sure what would have changed with the crash bar

of Hijack>

Cheers Imi, sure it's 2 packages, 37 x 19 x 11 inches & 31 x 13 x 8 inches. Got it from boostlogic $1900 + shipping, although that was a private add on Supraforums, I guess it was an ex-display one, they're not much more than that off their site though as they have 20% off them at the mo :)

Thx for the info. This is really helpful.

I see that Greddy do various FMIC, Part number wise there is the 409 / 410 and 411. the 4 row is a 410. Does anyone know the difference between the 409 & 411.

Plus, I have also noticed that they say they are suitable for Greddy turbos. How do you get them to fit to BL turbos as an example?

Thx for the info. This is really helpful.

I see that Greddy do various FMIC, Part number wise there is the 409 / 410 and 411. the 4 row is a 410. Does anyone know the difference between the 409 & 411.

Plus, I have also noticed that they say they are suitable for Greddy turbos. How do you get them to fit to BL turbos as an example?

Apparently the 4Row pipework fits a single turbo, I will find that out tomorrow if it is true :). Throttle body side should be the same between 3 & 4 Row, but neither fit my Greddy inlet (they only fit stock inlets).

Apparently the 4Row pipework fits a single turbo, I will find that out tomorrow if it is true :). Throttle body side should be the same between 3 & 4 Row, but neither fit my Greddy inlet (they only fit stock inlets).

I look forward to your feedback.

On another note.

What's this about removing the stock aircon fan and replacing it with a spal one? is this really required?

What's this about removing the stock aircon fan and replacing it with a spal one? is this really required?

Thats only needed if the pipe to the stock intake is seriously large. It wasn't needed on my Greddy 3 row, but the pipe sat VERY close to the AC fan.

12010409 GREDDY Spec-R HG 3 Row FMIC - Piping to fit stock turbos

12010411 GREDDY Spec-R HG 3 Row FMIC - Piping to fit GReddy single turbo

12010410 GREDDY Spec-R HG 4 Row FMIC - Piping to fit GReddy single turbo

The 4 row will be a bit big for your setup Imi, the 3 row (12010411) would be more suitable.

Despite the description of the 411 (for the greddy turbo) this will and should still fit my BLT61?

The (FMIC to turbo) IC pipe is designed to fit a GReddy T78/T88 turbo mounted on a GReddy manifold. No idea if it will fit a BL turbo mounted on a BL manifold, it will depend on the turbo and it's position.

Right I've spent today finishing off fitting it. It went on "mostly" OK. As I suspected it was the hose onto the compressor which gave me trouble. The pipework is 3" & the compressor outlet is 2.5" I'm guessing. It meant I had to use a reducer I had lying around & I'm guessing the fit isn't perfect.

The reason I suspect the fit on that reducer isn't great is that I took it for a quick run to check the connections wouldn't blow apart, 1st couple of times it spooled really strong & picked upto 1.2 BAR no problems (I was keeping any eye on the AFR's which were around 11.3). After a couple of runs it was struggling to make 1.0 BAR (I reckon the reducer connection isn't holding).

Anyway with regard to spool it was making 1.2 BAR @ 3.5k in 6th, can't remember exactly what is was before, will have to dig out some logs/dyno graphs).

Here's some pics anyway:

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg